Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,361  
5030 do you leave the block heater on all the time ?
I looked at that same machine a few months ago. New owners wanted it gone, it was under their deck and was too loud and smelly so they put in a new LP further away. They wanted 4K for it but the moving turned out to be more than I wanted to get into at the time. Came with a full 275 gallon tank which was also a project.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,362  
When I worked for the phone company, we ran it under load for 1/2 hour each month. Generally, you’d find problems before you actually needed it. The problem these days is finding anyone competent to service it correctly.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,363  
5030 do you leave the block heater on all the time ?
I looked at that same machine a few months ago. New owners wanted it gone, it was under their deck and was too loud and smelly so they put in a new LP further away. They wanted 4K for it but the moving turned out to be more than I wanted to get into at the time. Came with a full 275 gallon tank which was also a project.
Block heater is thermostatically controlled. Below 40 I believe it's energized. Does have a full time batter maintainer on it however.

Mine is plumbed into the 500 gallon bulk tank and it's out next to the tractor shop. I would not want it next to the house, too loud.

Installed a group 31 starting battery last time I changed it which was (I think) 3 years ago. I change the oil and filter every spring.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,364  
When I worked for the phone company, we ran it under load for 1/2 hour each month. Generally, you’d find problems before you actually needed it. The problem these days is finding anyone competent to service it correctly.

Indeed! We used to have ours serviced by the owner of the company, but he sent someone else last time, who left the oil filler cap off and did not remove the mouse nest inside.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,366  
Yanmar YTG 5500 watt 9.9hp diesel engine
electric start. Going to get a tractor muffler
to put on it its not ultra loud but I like it quite

HAPPY HOLIDAY'S Y'ALL
remember to; eat your desert first you don't
have to make room for it or fight for it and it
will taste better

willy

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,367  
Block heater is thermostatically controlled. Below 40 I believe it's energized. Does have a full time batter maintainer on it however.

Mine is plumbed into the 500 gallon bulk tank and it's out next to the tractor shop. I would not want it next to the house, too loud.

Installed a group 31 starting battery last time I changed it which was (I think) 3 years ago. I change the oil and filter every spring.
My plan was to put it behind my garage on a slab with the 275 gallon tank and eventually build a shed around it. I would have added a 120v pump to the tank and cycled the fuel into my 100 gallon skid tank to keep it fresh. Turned into a project though to trench across the driveway to the house and get it wired in. The transfer switch exercise clock had failed too but that wasn't a deal breaker.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,368  
Extending Good Wishes for 2022:

(and, the Holiday Season) 🥳😎🎄🍁🎂☮️

May your Gens always Start, and Run Smoothly

May you always have a good Fuel Reserve

Should you Need Parts, They are Available, and Arrive Quickly

Stuck Fixing Your or other people's gens... may you attain the Zen Master status of the dude on Vice Grip Garage.....

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,369  
This thread reminds me. I need to fire up and warm up my little Champion Inverter genny.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,370  
This thread reminds me. I need to fire up and warm up my little Champion Inverter genny.
Between Time Flying, and my less-than-perfect memory, I started a thread as a Little Placeholder, Back When.... figured if somebody showed up once or twice a year, then it would pop up on my list as a reminder....

Turns out.... a few more people than that have similar issues :)

Rgds, D.