Your Bee Sting Score?

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #21  
Doesn't it depend on which "bee" has stung you?

Some are acidic, some are basic.

anecdotal evidence is not proof, in fact, it's not science at all, placebo is 30% effective, better than most "treatments".

Because you believe, it works for you. Magic or religion, I can not say.

I'm sticking with "remove the stinger, then ice the swelling." ;-)

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #22  
My total score is: 0, zero, naught, nada, diddly-squat.

Bees and I get along just fine... even bumblebees. Tasmania is the only State in Aus that has bumblebees too. They seem to like the colour blue, which my work clothes predominately are. I just say, "G'day Bumble!", It checks me out & then flies away. Never been a problem.
Well then run around with bare feet when you are young again and accidentally step on one, would you? I'm thinking the *****/scrotum are way undervalued here. :confused:

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #23  
Well then run around with bare feet when you are young again and accidentally step on one, would you? I'm thinking the *****/scrotum are way undervalued here. :confused:

No one wants to admit they were stung there.... :laughing:

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #24  

<snert> Mate, there are a LOT more (venomous) reasons NOT to run around with bare feet here in Aus. :laughing:

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #25  
I'm at 7. The last time I got stung was in 2006 or 2007 when I was slashing around and around a huge brush pile and ran over an underground yellow jacket nest several times. I felt a couple of things hit my face but thought it was only flying debris...turned out it was flying yellowjackets. I drove the tractor about 20' from the brush pile, tapped the ignition switch with my boot and bailed off the tractor in a dead run! Came back about 30 minutes later and continued mowing. This time I stayed clear of the nest.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #26  
9. I got stung up inside my nostril. I was hiking on a hilly wooded trail, breathing hard and nostrils flared no doubt. I saw the yellow jacket approaching fast from a few yards away heading right towards my face. It all felt like it was in slow motion as I tried to turn my face away but it went right up my nose at full speed, stung me instantly, and flew back out. It seemed to be on a mission. Mission accomplished. I headed back to the truck, about a mile away, and luckily had ice in a cooler to slow the swelling. But my nose and lips were swollen enough by then to make it look like I just got done with a boxing match. Even my eyes were swollen. That was the most painful sting I have had, by far.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #27  
I have small crushable vials of "green fluid"(benzocaine swabs) that you dab on stings. Works good if you have them with you when stung. Around here we have this darn "bee" that is known locally as a bald faced hornet. Its big, all black and has white "tribal markings" on its face. They not only sting like the blazes but to add insult to injury, they will also bite with their jaws.

I've had them hit me from out of nowhere. Many times they hit so hard, they will bounce off - if you're fortunate. Last time I was a good 75 feet away from their little nest, walking across my lawn and one took notable objection. As soon as I start to notice the yellow jackets coming back to life - I make a careful tour of the yard looking for any nest of these mean beasties. If I find a nest - its then a nighttime Seal Team 6 attack with a can of 20 foot hornet spray.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #28  
Doesn't it depend on which "bee" has stung you?

Some are acidic, some are basic.

anecdotal evidence is not proof, in fact, it's not science at all, placebo is 30% effective, better than most "treatments".

Because you believe, it works for you. Magic or religion, I can not say.

I'm sticking with "remove the stinger, then ice the swelling." ;-)

I'm open to all possibilities, although I am not a particularly suggestive person especially regarding pain. Having said that, I am pragmatic, however, and it works for me.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #29  
When we were building, I was digging up some stumps at the back of the house. Found a hornets nest. I had about nine stings, most of them on my face and maybe two on my hands.

Face was puffed up for several days and sore but otherwise, no reactions.

Several years later, on a November 28, I was on the couch. Got up to go to town with the wife and felt a sting on my leg. A paper wasp had crawled up my sock and when I moved, got my leg.

I ended up in the emergency room for four hours and several vials of "stuff" injected into me.

Went to an Allergy Doc and after they did their tests, found out that (and I'm making these next numbers up since I have no clue, it's only for illustrative purposes)

On a scale of 1-10, I was allergic to a wasp on a level 3 and I ended up in the emergency room.

For those other SOB's, I was a 9-10 on the scale

Had it been a yellow jacket or hornet that stung me instead of the wasp, it might not have been a successful trip to the emergency room.

I spent the next 5 years going every single week for allergy shots. When finished, the Doc congratulated me saying that I was one of only maybe three people that he had ever seen go through the whole process without missing a single appointment.

I said great....but I knew I still had The Test.. (still knew that I'd get stung someday and THAT would be the real test)

About 18 months later, I was stung by a yellow jacket, right in the belly. I knew that my Test time had arrived.

Went inside, got the Benedryl ready, got the epi-pen ready....and waited for about an hour.

Other than the welt immediately around the sting site, nothing else happened. I passed the test.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #30  
Was out mowing a couple years ago and got nailed by a yellow jacket in the back of the head. Was in the groove mowing when it happened. Didn't realize at first what hit me. My first thought was the neighbors grandkids got careless with a be-be gun. That's what it felt like anyway. Shut the mower down ready to whoop some booty when I saw the swarm where I just was :rolleyes: