You "Road" Your Tractor?

/ You "Road" Your Tractor? #11  
Never trailered a farm tractor unless was not running and going to dealer. Tractor I using for field work is approx 16 ft wide, combine 14-15 ft and farthest fields are 18 - 20 miles. Trailering would require special over width permits so not practical at all.

/ You "Road" Your Tractor? #12  
I do, quite a lot. Along with most people who owns a tractor in EU. Main reason is it was common for ancestors to own and work various pieces of land all over a small village, then the consequent generations inherited that land and basically have to move their tractors between places all the time.

You'll see tractors from all sizes and makes just driving around.

Last edited:
   / You "Road" Your Tractor? #13  
I do with my restored Jubilee and have it listed on my antique policy for on road liability to check the box for parades and such…

/ You "Road" Your Tractor? #14  
I don't have reason to anymore but used to run it back and forth when I had 2 driveways, 5 miles apart to plow. When I bought my land I had the tractor delivered here, then had it hauled to the place I eas renting 17 miles away. That coat me $75... a lot of money 20 years ago.
The following spring I left the house at daylight one Sunday morning and it took me about an hour and a half and a gallon of diesel to get it home.

I have 1/4 mile of road frontage and am constantly running up and down it.
I do have it on my truck policy although recently was told it might not be covered since I haven't registered it.

/ You "Road" Your Tractor? #15  
A few years ago I purchased an old Freeman Self Propelled Baler. Too wide to comfortably haul. It came with a broken driveshaft, so I replaced the driveshaft, then drove it home about 10 miles. I picked an off time, like 7 AM Sunday morning as it had to go cross through the city (well, not much, but it did cross Main Street).

If I'm shuttling an item, I often do a bicycle shuttle, at least for one leg.

/ You "Road" Your Tractor? #16  
5.5 miles is the furthest I've roaded in any direction. It's typical for me to road the 3 miles between the property with our house and our other parcel. That is a good warmup time, and it's enjoyable for me.

/ You "Road" Your Tractor?
Just about every day!

We live out on the road from one farm to another.

That's pretty much what I do in the busy season here.

I have a circuit to run and try and go from one to the next nearest without jumping around. I'll even call folks when I'm in their area, because I know if I don't, and get 60 miles away, they will call and need me. :LOL:

/ You "Road" Your Tractor? #18  
IMG_0082.JPG

I never trailer but then again these are the type of roads I have to travel. Very easy and isolated. Few cars or trucks.

I only need to travel 4 miles from end to end of the property.

/ You "Road" Your Tractor? #19  
I thought asphalt was horrible to tractor tires? I've taken my compact tractor to a friends about a half mile each way a couple times, and didn't know if that would wear my R4s substantially more. I guess it really isn't an issue on occasion?

/ You "Road" Your Tractor? #20  
I thought asphalt was horrible to tractor tires? I've taken my compact tractor to a friends about a half mile each way a couple times, and didn't know if that would wear my R4s substantially more. I guess it really isn't an issue on occasion?

I've never worried about it. I'm sure it wears some.