You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,111  
Yesterday I was using some few choice words for myself.

Thought my credit card didn't work at the gas pump coming back from church. Then it hit me...

Back in the "old days" you swiped the credit on machine with paper. Handed one of the triplicates to the owner of the card for their receipt.

Ten you slid the magnetic strip on the corner of the machine so you didn't have to do it "manually" anymore and have to deal with paper for both the business owner or customer other than a receipt.

Then you had to insert the end of the card with the chip into the machine.

Then you could slide the card across the machine.

Now you have to tap the chip side of the card on the spot on the machine where it tells you to tap it at.

I was trying to insert my card at the gas pump yesterday and then it hit me, I need to tap the chip side to that part on the machine for it to take it.

I would just like ONE WAY to use my credit card please LOL
Supposedly using the chip is more secure.
Yet your experience is one reason I always have enough cash to cover any purchase I'm making.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,112  
Technology is a runaway train right now. Everytime I get comfortable with a system it changes, Grrrr!
Can't these darn Millennials find something else to do besides F with us old people!?
It seems with technology, most kids today have no concept of managing time and planning things according to time allowed.

I was talking to one of my best buddies this morning. His son is a state wrestling champ, good kid as well. He tells me his son is just as bad at managing time.

I had to have a LONG conversation with my son about that last night...

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,113  
Supposedly using the chip is more secure.
Yet your experience is one reason I always have enough cash to cover any purchase I'm making.
I generally keep no more than $100 in my wallet. Just me but I prefer to write one check at the end of the month. Year end, all my transactions are given to me in a "booklet". Add 2% back on purchases and I will deal with any potential hassel ;)

Basically my credit card paid for our round trip vacation to California last year.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,114  
Some program changes I run into are not any better, fraught with obvious problems, and not better, just different for difference sake...programmers, Argh! Like windows 11 from 10. Not better, just different and oh yeah, added windows proprietary bs.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,115  
I generally keep no more than $100 in my wallet. Just me but I prefer to write one check at the end of the month. Year end, all my transactions are given to me in a "booklet". Add 2% back on purchases and I will deal with any potential hassel ;)

Basically my credit card paid for our round trip vacation to California last year.
I always carry a $100 bill, and very rarely spend more than that in a day. I started the practice after almost getting stranded in Boonsville NY during a major snowstorm, when I bought gas and the computer system at my CU went down.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,116  
Some program changes I run into are not any better, fraught with obvious problems, and not better, just different for difference sake...programmers, Argh! Like windows 11 from 10. Not better, just different and oh yeah, added windows proprietary bs.

IMHO, the last Windows OS that was a genuine improvement over the previous version was Windows 7. Since then, newer versions are just different and more annoying. The hoops that I currently have to go through just to NOT back my data up to the cloud are ridiculous.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,117  
IMHO, the last Windows OS that was a genuine improvement over the previous version was Windows 7. Since then, newer versions are just different and more annoying. The hoops that I currently have to go through just to NOT back my data up to the cloud are ridiculous.
Oh, "the Cloud" is great! 🤮On the rare occasion I'm online anything I save defaults to that. If I'm not paying attention then I don't have access to that file the next time.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,119  
I quit using WinDoze over 12 years ago when I was disabled from work. For my personal use I had switched open source Linux and never looked back. Easy to use, secure and none of the BS crap Windows forces on the user and FREE.