You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,931  
I would have told him where my mailbox was so they could be picked up, if someone else didn't get them first.
A coworker told me I was foolish to return them anyways. "Would you return a hundred dollar bill if you found it?"
I would if I knew who it belonged to, and I have done that very thing... several times.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,932  
My Dad passed 10 years ago and all of his ties are still in his closet...from bolo ties to canoe paddles and the closet still reeks of Old Spice a decade later.
Ties ruined me for going to church...putting on those starched stiff as a board ironed shirts & pants, hot with no ac, tie so tight I couldn't swallow the little communion cracker. I assumed it was penance for all the bad things I had done during the week like flushing M-80s down the school toilets.
The thing that got me in church was the old women that wore too much bad perfume and the smell mixed with whatever greasy cold cream (Camay?) they also had on. It made me sick to my stomach and it only got worse as the temps rose in the non air conditioned building. I would sweat profusely but my mom thought I was faking it and just smiled.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,933  
A coworker told me I was foolish to return them anyways. "Would you return a hundred dollar bill if you found it?"
I would if I knew who it belonged to, and I have done that very thing... several times.
I have done the same and what you do when no one's looking is how you judge who's who at the pearly gates.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,934  
Not sure what you mean by that, but it annoys me that every business seems to require you to have their aap in order to get in on promotions, special offers, etc. Guess that makes me old...
Me too!
Everyone wants you to install their app so they can pummel you with "special" offers and ads, in addition to compiling every bit of data they can from your buying habits and which ads you look at, and then sell that personal info to data brokers.
I only have one app on my phone, Fazoli's, mainly because the points I earn there lets me get free meals and brownies. Mostly for the brownies, actually.
Also, I have a Speedway rewards card, though that's not an app, but every 7th fountain drink is free, and if I scan the little tab on my key chain at the pump, I get $.05 off per gallon.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,935  
I've got a dozen aluminum "E" oxygen tanks left behind when a practice moved out in the first months if the pandemic...

Called the company several times and they wanted me to pay a $75 pickup fee for their tanks...

I might just bring them home because we are getting ready for some serious Spring Cleaning...

Work has a Savin Copier with $1 end of lease buyout June 2020 but we didn't buy it... it's their machine and I called again this week and the company now says $475 pickup disposal fee and they have waived the $1 end of lease buyout.

Might just put out for the once a year e-waste pickup.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,936  
Me too!
Everyone wants you to install their app so they can pummel you with "special" offers and ads, in addition to compiling every bit of data they can from your buying habits and which ads you look at, and then sell that personal info to data brokers.
I only have one app on my phone, Fazoli's, mainly because the points I earn there lets me get free meals and brownies. Mostly for the brownies, actually.
Also, I have a Speedway rewards card, though that's not an app, but every 7th fountain drink is free, and if I scan the little tab on my key chain at the pump, I get $.05 off per gallon.
Now, I'm craving BROWNIES.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,937  
Not sure what you mean by that, but it annoys me that every business seems to require you to have their aap in order to get in on promotions, special offers, etc. Guess that makes me old...
Some offline apps (don't have to have an internet connection) I find invaluable from some manufacturers for pulling up data. Every once in a while when you have an internet connection, you may need to update them, but no bug deal.

I don't use apps for retail, but on the business side I find some manfuacturers apps requiring internet connection invaluable as well. Makes navigating their website 100 times easier on your phone vs accessing their standard online access via your desktop.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,938  
I'm pretty sure there's a way for your pastor to send out a BCC text message to a group. Only the pastor can see all of the recipients, and the recipients can only reply to the pastor, not anyone else on the group.

Similar to BCC lists in email.

Of course, if the pastor is encouraging a group discussion, this will defeat that purpose.
Thanks.

I got excited as you made me look. Need to find something cheaper than $25 a month for texting. I read "free", but that was only for 2 week LOL

Personally, this is why I just love blind carbon copy emails. Everyone gets the email, the recipient doesn't see everyone included, and if the recipient responds, it only goes to the original sender. Understand that it is not as fast as the recipient perhaps getting a text, but the way I see it, if time is of the essence, you just call the person LOL Heck, he wouldn't even bank online and he HAD to write his checks.

That said, I'm glued to my phone for work for emails, texts and phone calls, thus I can always access them and emails I find less intrusive on the phone. Some people however don't even use email.

When my dad was living with us, I got him set up on facebook and email (he asked me because the rest of the family talked about it). At age 86 when he came to live with us, he wasn't to keen on using his email account after it was set up LOL

I'm becoming more and more like him as I get older LOL

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,939  
The only thing with BCC emails is to make sure you check and re-check it's actually a BCC. I occasionally get BCC-copied emails accidentally sent as a CC and not BCC.

As a result, I know who donates to certain causes in my town and other issues better left private.

I've almost done it as well because my email wants to default to CC rather than BCC and has changed my BCC to CC a couple times prior to sending. Good thing to double check.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,940  
The only thing with BCC emails is to make sure you check and re-check it's actually a BCC. I occasionally get BCC-copied emails accidentally sent as a CC and not BCC.

As a result, I know who donates to certain causes in my town and other issues better left private.

I almost joined the list because my email wants to default to CC rather than BCC and has changed my BCC to CC a couple times prior to sending. Good thing to double check.
Believe me, I'm very aware of that fact LOL

My old operations manager became a compeitor of mine after I left that company and he took my old position. He would CC everyone I would call on. As it turns out, he happened to be one of my best friends and I told him about his mistake shortly after his customer just forwared me his email with a list of all of his contact info because he CC'd everyone. Rookie mistake LOL

ALWAYS be able to undo an email just sent by yourself ;)

Ironically, the same guy is now the GM of one of my largest accounts and still a good friend.

Last edited: