You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,431  
Only to raise it back to 21 in the early eighties, lol why I remember that event from my younger child hood memories was an omen of things to come I guess.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,432  
Biggest news event for me was the day they drooped the drinking age from 21 to 18 - on my 18th birthday! April 1, 1971.
Happy Birthday?

It was a big deal as I recall.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,433  
Unfortunately in my case and people I hung out with it didn't matter. However I'll say I did support my community by paying occasional fines and providing involuntary community service. Stupid thread worthy.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,434  
Only to raise it back to 21 in the early eighties, lol why I remember that event from my younger child hood memories was an omen of things to come I guess.
Michigan raised the drinking age from 18 to 19 on December 3, 1978.

18 days later, on December 22, 1978, they raised it from 19 to 21.

I remember this, because I turned 18 about 7 weeks later. :confused:

Fortunately, we had a classmate nicknamed Sasquatch.
Big hairy dude. Never got carded.

:ROFLMAO:

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,436  
Michigan raised the drinking age from 18 to 19 on December 3, 1978.

18 days later, on December 22, 1978, they raised it from 19 to 21.

I remember this, because I turned 18 about 7 weeks later. :confused:

Fortunately, we had a classmate nicknamed Sasquatch.
Big hairy dude. Never got carded.

:ROFLMAO:
WI held out til they passed a law pulling federal highway funding if state drinking age wasn't raised to 21 (mid 80s). Still occasionally here stories from older folks reminiscing of xing the state lines for booze.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,437  
WI held out til they passed a law pulling federal highway funding if state drinking age wasn't raised to 21 (mid 80s). Still occasionally here stories from older folks reminiscing of xing the state lines for booze.
We would sometimes drive 2 hours over to St. Marys, OH to buy beer. As I recall, in OH the drinking age was 18 for 3.2 beer and low alcohol wine. 21 for hard beer and liquor.

Didn't seem to matter as they's sell us a couple cases of Little Kings regardless.

🙃

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,439  
Biggest news event for me was the day they drooped the drinking age from 21 to 18 - on my 18th birthday! April 1, 1971.
Went the opposite here. The year I turned 18 they raised it to 19. Never made much of a difference. I looked older and got what I needed.
Used to go into the liquor store with a shopping list from the rest of the guys.
Worst part was the handfuls of change they had given me to pay.
One time I was coming out the end of an aisle and bumped straight into a huge cop. I had about 7-8 bottles in my arms.
He apologized and stepped around me.:rolleyes: I was sure I was in trouble that time.
Only thing the age change did was keep us drinking illegally.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,440  
You know that you are old (not getting old) when you go to take a whizz and find that your zipper is already down.

Cheers,
Mike
But, you are really getting old when you go take a whizz, and it's not down.