You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,421  
I saw 3 girls with blue hair, 2 with orange hair, one with purple hair and one with rainbow hair.

Sorry folks but I never saw any of that back in the day.
Where were you 40 years ago? Hell, it seemed every little old lady had blue hair, and Cyndi Lauper was already rocking orange and rainbow.

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,422  
Where were you 40 years ago? Hell, it seemed every little old lady had blue hair, and Cyndi Lauper was already rocking orange and rainbow.

I was just out of college and working my first job. I paid no attention to little old ladies or Cindi Lauper at that time.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,423  
To me I'm thinking from the early 1900s to the 1920s "flapper era" was a tremendous change, short skirts, girl's smoking cigarettes then things reversed a bit, people well dressed in public up until early 60s.
The last 20-30 years it's been a freak show.
Most likely for 10% of rural population to maybe half in large cities.
Before about 1975 these people would be arrested, put in jail or mental hospital.
2024_03_19_21.29.12.jpg
2024_03_19_21.29.22.jpg
2024_03_19_21.29.30.jpg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,424  
May you live in interesting times is suppose to be an ancient proverb?

I’m guessing we do?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,427  
Serious question...

What's with the nose rings?

She it more and more and not just women.

Some of my young co workers excelling on the job have nose rings.

Sensitivity training teaches not to ask or question but simply accept...

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,428  
What's with the nose rings?

Some on-line "influencer" told them it was the cool thing these days. Gotta be part of the "In" crowd.

Disgusting....but hog farmers who put these in their hogs' noses to keep them from rooting up the ground are shaking their heads in disbelief when they see people trying to look like their hogs.

Hog Ring2.jpg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,429  
Yep or Grandpa also had a ring on the bulls nose.

The medical aspects of piercing and tattoos is known.

It’s more and more I see younger people that you think have a colorful shirt when it’s full body art.

Can only imagine it all would be called mutilation if forced.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,430  
We all know where we were when 9/11 happened, and probably Challenger... maybe even Columbia. Same with Waco, and at least for those of us anywhere near Philly, The Move. Many here are old enough to remember the assassinations of Kennedy and MLK Jr.

My earliest memory of a major news event was the death of Elvis in 1977, mostly because that breaking news interrupted whatever cartoon I was watching, and I remember my mother (prime age to be an Elvis fan) shushing me to hear the news on the TV.

I guess I should remember the John Lennon assassination, but since my parents were too old to be into the Beatles, that one didn't even get honorable mention in our house. The Ronald Reagan assassination attempt was much bigger news, at least in our house.

What's the earliest major news event you remember experiencing, live? Anyone here old enough to remember FDR dying in office? Harding? VE or VJ day?
Biggest news event for me was the day they drooped the drinking age from 21 to 18 - on my 18th birthday! April 1, 1971.