You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,271  
So I can blame it on the paper - the obits are on page two or four of the front section. The sports, comics, puzzles are all in the second section.
We quit receiving the local paper when they didn't even have a second section with little to no local reporting. I still read the obits online.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,273  
We quit receiving the local paper when they didn't even have a second section with little to no local reporting. I still read the obits online.
Same here. All our little local papers stopped reporting local news and local school information and went with a steady stream of left biased beltway politics. To their shock, they failed. Who would have thought that was a good business model to begin with?

We get obits e-mailed to us from the local funeral homes and local news by word of mouth or a small, free penny saver type paper. A lot slips through however.

The paper used to be exciting to read and full of info that directly applied to us.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,274  
Jeff, how right u are.!!
I rarely used safety glasses when using my wire wheel UNTIL a single wire shot out and stuck in my lower eyelid.!!
If I had held my head just an inch lower, it would’ve caught me straight in the eye ball.!!
I put them on religiously now..
I wear them so much, I forget to take them off.. lol

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,275  
I've had a few close calls, always about as lucky as @thepumpguysc, and now spend most of my shop and tractor time wearing safety glasses or sunglasses. The worst is when you forget you're wearing them, and then run out to the store or a kid's Saturday soccer game, while still wearing them. :D

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,276  
I don't have that "Safety Glasses" problem. Mine are prescription, so if I want to see at all, I'm wearing them.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,278  
You can't sleep at 2am (hi there) but you've had a post lunch nap, missed the weather on the evening news for same reason but you'll be up at 5:45am with nothing to do but make tea and oatmeal (had BLT yesterday).
Sometimes you can't have Brekky until after you've come back from getting blood tests.:rolleyes:

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,280  
We have one of those wood buzz saws that hooked up to the 3ph, still sitting in the old garage. I don't think it's been used since I was a teenager.

Around 1975 I was changing the battery on a P&H Truck Crane in the upper crane engine. It's tight quarters there and as I set it in the battery holder I dropped it the last few inches, acid spit out of the vent holes on the caps and hit my sunglasses. Kinda always believed in wearing safety glasses after that.