You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,102  
Had a new roof put on the house and barn couple years ago.
There was a time when I never would have dreamed of calling someone else in.
I have become much more gravitationally aware as I age.
Too many older people kick off after breaking a hip in the bathroom. I don't want to do it from the second floor.
"gravitationally aware" I like that term.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,103  
Do pellets produce less creosote?

Essentially none. At least with the brand of pellets I buy (Golden Fire Premium Grade). I clean the stovepipe once a year in the summer and all I get is about a cup-full of fine gray powder. No buildup at the top of the stovepipe at all like I used to have when burning wood.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,104  
One of the reasons I went from a wood-burning stove to a pellet stove. Don't have to climb up on the roof once a month to clean the stove pipe.
We do ours once a year. I've learned how to do it from the bottom just in case I can't get on roofs anymore.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,105  
We do ours once a year. I've learned how to do it from the bottom just in case I can't get on roofs anymore.
Same here. Bought a brush kit with the flexible rods; keep adding rods and turning the kit with a drill motor. Look up into the stovepipe with a mirror after I'm done and the pipe is clean and shiny all the way to the top.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,106  
I'll still go up on a 10/12 roof at 63 if needed but I'm not as comfortable as I once was.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,107  
IMG_0597.png