You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,081  
Wife and I went for a 6 mile hike at Indiana Dunes State Park in Chesterton, IN this afternoon. 3 miles out along the lake in the sand and gravel, then 3 miles back in the oaks behind the dunes... much easier on the way back.

We both agreed it would have been wiser to take a few warm up walks before that. Both of us are a tad sore tonight. :LOL:

(steel mills in the distance, click and enlarge to see them)

IMG_6408.jpeg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,082  
You know you are getting old when your kids start drawing Social Security and signs up for Medicare.
I'm the youngest of 4 and I'm old enough to collect SS. I'm not for 4 more years but my mom said she now knows she's old. Ya, you're 87, you're old but still going strong.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,083  
I changed my air cleaner yesterday. :ROFLMAO:
I'll redeem myself by saying I also changed a faulty ABS sensor wiring harness on the left front.

Required ramps, jacks, jack stands, air tools, pliers, cutters, crimpers, electrical tape and GOJO hand cleaner when done. :p

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,088  
I'm starting to feel left out. I've never even had a sun roof which DID leak.
Same. We had lots of cars with sunroofs in the 80's-90's, and none of them ever leaked, unless we were stupid enough to leave it open.

But since at least 2000, I've been special-ordering all my vehicles to get rid of the sunroof option. Around here, all dealers seem to include this option on all cars stocked on their lot, but I dislike them enough to pay the higher price and wait time of building and ordering without.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,089  
Just the opposite of 2001.

Dealers were untruthful when shopping saying they can add factory sunroof to any car on the lot…

When I took it up with the GM he called the sales guy and was told we send cars to the Sunroof Factory and they add it…

Not at all what I meant by factory sunroof…

Same Toyota dealer that held moms keys hostage but I had my spare key and said well you have a copy of moms drivers license so bring the key to her house when you find it…

Just as we were leaving they found her key!

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,090  
Just the opposite of 2001.

Dealers were untruthful when shopping saying they have a factory sunroof to any car on the lot…

When I took it up with the GM he called the sales guy and was told we send cars to the Sunroof Factory and they add it…
I recall several sales people telling my wife they could add a sunroof to cars that were on the lot in the early 80s. We knew several folks that had that done and they leaked. The dealers would just take them to a local rust proofing company that also added sunroofs.

My wife opted to have the car factory orders with the sunroof and wait.