You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #321  
I called an old friend up north to get his opinion on something.

Called his company (my old phone destroyed by mower accident eraced all my non working contacts LOL), and had to explain to the woman that the owner was a old friend of mine. She put me on hold...

His son picked up the phone and is running the company now (doing very well and having over 20 employees). He explained his dad retired and moved a little bit more aways and is living on farm enjoying retirement.

He asked me who I was again...

I explained I was the guy who would come over to their house and go out shooting with his dad at the gun club and sometimes even dinner at their house (I was single back then). It was kind of funny, he actually remembered me and rememberd that I worked with both his dad and his grandfather, before they even started their company.

This man I was talking to was probably about 10 years old when I knew him. I asked him about his older brother (who I knew enlisted in the navy years ago) and it turns out he's working at the family company as well.

We actually talked about some people who both his dad I knew and worked with, he explained on one guy I knew well had passed away last year. He remembered a co worker of mine up there and asked me about him (as he retired years ago and he didn't know what happened to him) and I explain I had just talked to him on the phone a couple of weeks ago and he's not doing the best with some health issues, (he's in his mid 70's now).

Probably ended up spending 30 minutes with him on the phone with him.

When I got off the phone, I was now feeling REALLY old.

/ You Know You Are Old When #322  
You try to explain to your teenage and young-20’s children that disco and the Bee Gees were really cool.

/ You Know You Are Old When #323  
You try to explain to your teenage and young-20’s children that disco and the Bee Gees were really cool.
Exactly how do you do that?? ;)

That said, still remember the resturant my dad and I were at when I played them on the juke box.

I remember the last time I saw a new jukebox somewhere at a restaurant. I was like "what, no records?" LOL

/ You Know You Are Old When #324  
When I got married in 1976 my wife and I bought two grave sites at small local cemetery for $20. Today they are still $10 each.

My ashes will be buried on an acre that my Dad gave to the cemetery around 1950.

/ You Know You Are Old When #325  

The Bee Gees while not eternal are very close to eternally cool. I have young friends that are 20 something who love them.

Once my wife has this last baby (yeah I’m 51) we are going to have a disco party. Need to learn to dance first.

/ You Know You Are Old When #326  
The Bee Gees while not eternal are very close to eternally cool. I have young friends that are 20 something who love them.

Once my wife has this last baby (yeah I’m 51) we are going to have a disco party. Need to learn to dance first.

Man I danced myself into oblivion with the ladies when the Bee Gees were playing.
Best girl-gettin music of all time. Couldn’t help but grab someone and dance when they came on.
They were a little before my time, I was a little shaver when they were big. But they endured into the 80’s.

Later in the 80’s, we had this one night club I used to be able to get into underaged with my rat pack of friends and a group of girls. We drank & danced to a lot of their tunes.

I think they were the only group ever to have 4 out of the 5 top songs in the country all at once. And the 5th was written by Barry Gibb, but sung by someone else.

/ You Know You Are Old When #327  
I would like to be "interred" out back, about four feet deep, wrapped in burlap, smelling like potatoes (Childhood memories and all)
Let the worms eat my flesh and rot my bones , Grow some strong trees!

I'm not sure about regulations though, I here they require a marker and a map.

Damn regulations!
I bet you can get your wish. Here in NY private burials are allowed. We had to look into this a few years ago when the Amish moved into town. Almost no regulations.

/ You Know You Are Old When #328  
I found a rusty old crosscut in the woods one day and brought it into my office. One day an old logger came by to ask about upcoming timber sales. This guy was at least 80 years old and still logging (not very fast). He saw the crosscut and asked me where I found it. I told him and he said he threw it down and left it there after he got his first power saw, and didn’t want to see one of those again. As old as he was it could be true, but I don’t know. He was one of those stone faced old guys who always spoke matter of factly, so I couldn’t tell when he was joking. This was over 30 years ago.
There's a reason old, old timers called them misery whips. I have several, both one man and two man saws. I've used one man crosscuts many times.

/ You Know You Are Old When #330  
The last time that I tried to watch television was about 10 years ago while staying in a rental. There was some movie I had never seen and which is supposed to be a classic. I watched for about 15 minutes and over half of that was commercials.
When another round of ads came on I shut the darned thing off. If they were that bad in the beginning I can imagine how they'd be during the second half of the show.
We have a record function on our Bell control box. So we often record a program we want to watch, and then when we play it back, we can skip through the commercials. Works really great for football games!

The really bad ones are the morning news shows. We get maybe one minute of programming, followed by five minutes of commercials, then, one minute of program, then five minutes of commercial… Drives me crazy! Sometimes I scan through five news programs, and everyone of them has a commercial on. Then I give up and go to Netflix and watch something there.😡