You didn't know him, but.......

/ You didn't know him, but....... #21  
I am deeply sorry for your loss....I can only imagine loosing a child...a parents worst nightmare. As others have said, compose a list of the things he did, the funny, the sad, the everyday. This way you, as well as your grandson, can always have him near. My prayers and thoughts are sent.

/ You didn't know him, but.......
Bless all of you for your heartfelt replies. I would not have considered writing this post on any of the other forums that I am on but the TBN forum is more like a family to me than the other forums and I knew that you would understand my grief. Your words have helped. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

/ You didn't know him, but....... #23  
Parents aren't supposed to outlive their kids. I can't begin to imagine how you feel. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

/ You didn't know him, but....... #24  
I am 65, lost my Dad when I was 16 and remember that day almost hour by hour and event by event. Life has good times and yes heart break times. I now have four grandchildren, oldest is 15 and youngest is 4, soon to be 5. A week ago sitting in my lap on excavator he asked me Granddaddy what would you do if something happened to me? With tears I tried to answer. Have two close friends who lost their oldest child as victims in auto accidents. No sure you will ever get over it nor should you. He will ever been in your heart. Good advice on making notes on him for his son. Also suggest you make notes about his love and comments on his son. Make it a video with yourself and your grand in it.

I join with many others in praying you will have the peace of Jesus Christ in this and pray for all of you.

/ You didn't know him, but....... #25  
My deepest condolences Dudley. You are experiencing the worse thing that can happen to a parent. We cherish and love our children and are so used to doing that, we expect it to last a lifetime as is natural. Reality is difficult to grasp and we don't want to when it becomes so gut wrenching and yet, this still happens to so many.
My heart aches for you and in our different ways, we all stand by you here at TBN.

/ You didn't know him, but....... #26  
Make it a video with yourself and your grand in it.

+1

Talk about your son and everything you remember about him in that video.

After we got married, we went to Vermont (wife's home state) for our Honeymoon. We got to see her grandmother in the nursing home (her mind was starting to slowly deteriorate at that time). We took out the video camera, put it on a tri pod, and we just started talking to her and recoreded everything. She told a bunch of stories my wife never knew about per her own father and family. She (wife's grandmother died shortly after that) and that video has become one of her families most cherished items.