Price Check YM 347 buy now or later

/ YM 347 buy now or later #1  

Carp1329

Tractor
John Deere 3010, yanmar ym347a
My question is should I purchase now or wait until after the new year? I will be putting down 15 k and will finance the rest. Do you guys think yanmar will still have financing incentives next year? Do you guys think the prices on new tractors will continue to rise or level off? Your thoughts on the economy is it going to get better or worse? I don’t need the tractor until spring so I can wait unless there is a reason to get it now. Thanks

/ YM 347 buy now or later #2  
Honestly, that's a tough one that I don't think anyone on here can answer with certainty, though some will try. I'll answer your question with a question. If you really NEED this tractor next year or if you couldn't find it or interest rates went too high for you to want to buy it would it be a big deal.

My guess, completely a guess, you won't see too much difference in supply, costs or rates between now and spring. I would perhaps wait until mid december and try to get the best closeout deal you can. Dealers want inventory off their lots year end.

/ YM 347 buy now or later
Thank you for your reply, it is a big purchase and I want to get the best deal that I can.

/ YM 347 buy now or later #4  
I guess I would also ask the dealer, what their inventory has been. Are they getting a trickle of that model in and it is gone as soon as it hits the lot (Was the case when I bought). Or do they have a good supply and steady shipments of that model. You could be competing with other buyers of the same mind in December if you choose to wait. Seems pretty region specific though. Some guys on here say there are tons on the lots, some say barely any.

If it were me I would go talk it over with the dealer, sometimes they know and sometimes they don't know. If it is a good one they will at least be honest.

/ YM 347 buy now or later #5  
Good advice! Talk to the dealer. If you need to compare, reach out to another dealer that carries Yanmar.

/ YM 347 buy now or later
I ended up with one I bought on January 9th. I got financed for 4 years at .99% interest.

/ YM 347 buy now or later #7  
I ended up with one I bought on January 9th. I got financed for 4 years at .99% interest.
Thank you for posting about your purchase, can you give us an update when you get some seat time?

/ YM 347 buy now or later #8  
Congrats, Post a pic! Would love to see it!