yet another "what should I get?"

/ yet another "what should I get?" #31  
Re: yet another \"what should I get?\"

PaulB,

Wave to "Suzie Loo Hoo" as HE passes you in his Truck, better towing with longer wheelbase, and in his real BLUE (more power) tractor! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

And keep in mind, I've been supporting your tractor lately...really! And even though mine is small, yours is smaller! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ yet another "what should I get?" #32  

Bird - I crawled around on my g-damned hands and knees!!!!

/ yet another "what should I get?" #33  

PaulB, I've done my share of that crawling around on my hands and knees, too, which is why I bought magnet./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ yet another "what should I get?" #34  

Funny, I always used the car tires to pick up the nails and screws. Usually cost about $8.00 per screw. Sometimes I used other peoples car tires. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ yet another "what should I get?" #35  

Wen, I figured that was part of rural living. I've picked up 5 or 6 times as many nails and screws in tires in the 5 years I've lived out here as I did in 30 of living in the big city./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ yet another "what should I get?" #36  

Bird,

I was looking through a new tool catalog and noticed that they have MAGNETIC rakes and hugh magnets designed to be drug or pulled just an inch off the ground to pick up nails, screws, from job sites. They were pretty expensive. About equivalent to 25 flat tires.

Now you would think that Mark would keep us up to date on neat things like that without us having to resort to reading catalogs to find out about new inventions that would save our hands and knees. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ yet another "what should I get?" #37  

Yeah, Wen, I've seen those big magnets and of course the only reason I don't have one is the price tag that was on them. Unfortunately, most of the nails and screws our tires have picked up have been on the wife's car and I'm afraid they come from these country roads instead of someplace I could clean up with a magnet./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ yet another "what should I get?" #38  

The hang down magnets have been around for a long time. They are mainly used in factories and such. The only problem is that a magnet doesn't pick up aluminum rivits that we use at work so we must be very careful. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ yet another "what should I get?" #39  

Thanks Gordon, That is good to know.

I had a lot of screws in the yard when they re-roofed my house after a tornado a few years ago. I picked up all I could and then planted grass sod, so maybe there are not too many more to find. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ yet another "what should I get?" #40  

The only problem with the roofing nails is that once in the ground they reproduce.
My last house I remodeled and along with that I put a new roof on removing cedar shakes and two layers of shingles putting down plywood, tarpaper and new shingles.
When I moved I was still picking up those darn nails--well the new owner has to deal with that now./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon