Yet another Chalkley Cup

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup #1  

TonyC

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 1997 L3600DT 4WD with FEL
Here is my version of the now infamous Chalkley Cup. I must say that that bad boy is even bigger in person than it seems in the photos. Unfortunately there are no 7-11's around here so I can't take advantage of the 88¢ refills. Anyway my cup is basically the same as the others except I cover the entire bottom. I used that roll stuff they sell at Sears to line the drawers of your tool box. It's thin enough so as not to interfere with the magnetic forces yet provides some grip and paint protection.

Attachments

• 37-71733-mycup.jpg
    37-71733-mycup.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 288
   / Yet another Chalkley Cup #2  
Wow TonyC!

Got'a have one! It looks like a magnetic cup that would stick right on the fender. Orange too! Where can I get magnets like that! What an awesome promo idea for Kubota.

Free cup with a tractor, or better yet, free with a test drive and completed credit application.

jrpoux

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup #3  
Excellent, Tony!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I take it for granted now, but I can't imagine being on my tractor without my Chalkley Cup. It's right where you want it, whenever you want it, and it's big enough to keep you lubricated for hours at a time.

Does it get any better than that? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup
Thanks, Harv. Yes, this is as good as it gets. No more drinking out of 12 oz water bottles that bounce around and get hot in 3 minutes. All I need now is to mount a 55 gal drum for fuel and a catheter for me and I may never come down!

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup
   / Yet another Chalkley Cup #6  
Nice job, Tony! I'm in the process of making one up for my mother-in-law (no, I'm not joking - she has a Kubota L3410) and I was wondering what to use for the non-skid pad, since I can't find the magnetic sign material I used on the original one. I think I'll try the toolbox liner material. Now if somebody could just make up labels for "Liquid Libation Leviathan"... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

MarkC
ChalkleySig2.gif

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup #7  
Besides its primary function of sticking to tractors, don't overlook the fun you can have with your Chalkley Cup.

My recent favorite gag, which I've used twice now -- the first was unintentional, the second was totally premeditated -- involves the trunk of our car. When I know I have an audience (like someone is talking to me), I mumble something about needing an item from the trunk. Making sure I have the mark's full attention, I casually place the cup on the trunk lid while I fumble for my car keys. Then, "forgetting" my cup is there, I pop it open and raise it all the way up, over the shrieks of, "YOUR CUP!!!! YOUR CUP!!!". /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

The attached picture is a re-enactment, produced specifically for TBN viewing. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

Attachments

• 37-72672-ChalkleyCupFun.jpg
    37-72672-ChalkleyCupFun.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 177
   / Yet another Chalkley Cup #8  
Do you have an old computer hard drive that's dead? There's one that drives the arm that the heads ride on. Tear it apart and you'll find it. Be careful. When you go to see how powerful the magnet is, one side won't stick to anything. The other side will. BIG TIME. I pinched my finger between the magnet and a file cabinet and it gave me a blood blister. Hee hee.

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup #9  
Hello,
I have ordered some magnets and I want to build a magnetic cup, but I don't know of any glue that will stick to the plastic of the common plastic cups. Does anybody know which glue works on these plastic cups?
Thanks,
Cameron

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup #10  
<font color=blue>I don't know of any glue that will stick to the plastic of the common plastic cups</font color=blue>

The cups are made of polypropylene, which is indeed a difficult material to glue to. The only product I found which is actually made for that application is made by Nbond Adhesives Int'l.

I went kinda nuts researching and experimenting with the stuff, but I'm almost a year into my field test, and my magnets and cup are still one. It may challenge your attention span, but you can read the details I included in this post.

The picture that goes along with that post is no longer accessible, so I've attached it here again.

Good luck, and keep us posted. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

Attachments

• 37-73028-NBondingCup.jpg
    37-73028-NBondingCup.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 168