Yellow seats

/ Yellow seats #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Does JD still fit those crap yellow seats to the new models? Why oh why did they ever do that to a working vehicle? Black or grey is a much more aesthetic colour and dosen't show the inevitable grime. My pet HATE!

Last edited:
   / Yellow seats #2  
Does JD still fit those crap yellow seats to the new models? Why oh why did they ever do that to a working vehicle? Black or grey is a much more ergonomic colour and dosen't show the inevitable grime. My pet HATE!

I understand color being a pet peeve but how does color effect ergonomics?

Gray shows grime just as easily as yellow in my experience. And if the tractor is parked outside any amount black seats get much hotter then lighter colored.

/ Yellow seats #3  
Does JD still fit those crap yellow seats to the new models? Why oh why did they ever do that to a working vehicle? Black or grey is a much more ergonomic colour and dosen't show the inevitable grime. My pet HATE!

Color has nothing to do with ergonomics. Deere has been using yellow seats well over a half-century. You are supposed to put your butt on the seat, not your greasy fingers.

/ Yellow seats #4  
you ever notice how the yellow seats attract bugs when you're not sitting on it on a hot day?

/ Yellow seats #5  
you ever notice how the yellow seats attract bugs when you're not sitting on it on a hot day?

I live in rural NW Maine and we have black flies, mosquitoes, deer flies, moose flies, and lotsa other flies (most of which bite!). I have had JD tractors for a bunch of years and never noticed that the seat attracts flies.

I think that I will avoid the next comment.

/ Yellow seats
Interesting comments, especially the pms I got lol.
I put this up so my buddy in NZ would see it, he is a JD lover restorer.
Robert.. I automatically flip my seat up when I hop off as I don't particularly like that burning sensation. It also then covers most of the steering wheel and protects that too.

/ Yellow seats #7  
Alien said:
Interesting comments, especially the pms I got lol.
I put this up so my buddy in NZ would see it, he is a JD lover restorer.
Robert.. I automatically flip my seat up when I hop off as I don't particularly like that burning sensation. It also then covers most of the steering wheel and protects that too.

Not all tractors have flip up seats.

/ Yellow seats #10  
Quote: Originally Posted by 9973720wb19
Attracts bugs....:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Don't laugh; the last time the 17-year locusts emerged here, I had a guy doing dozer work on a yellow JD machine. I was working around him doing some minor work on my green JD. The locusts were all over him, flying into him constantly. But they didn't bother me. Maybe it was the color, maybe it was the frequency of the vibration of the machine.

But personally that wouldn't prevent me from buying a yellow tractor seat.