Mowing Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help

/ Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #1  

Surgeon

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1428
I have a finishing mower YRM 48 (206-500-48) that came with my 165D. I need to find a service manual to do the maintenance on the gear box. Anyone have one or a have a resource for one? Thanks!

/ Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #2  
I have a finishing mower YRM 48 (206-500-48) that came with my 165D. I need to find a service manual to do the maintenance on the gear box. Anyone have one or a have a resource for one? Thanks!

This is a rare bird. Hard to find anything on the web for this.

In the old Yanmar publications cheat sheet, it lists publication

23008 YRM48A, 60A, 72A O/M (Owners Manual)
8084683-A YRM-48, 60, 72 MANUAL (Service Manual)

Yanmar US Technical Service Bulletin 60 has this to say ...

7814163 (No external threads s/s to 6693048)
6685515 (13/16 external thre ads)
6692040 (1 external threads)
2028897 (No external threads)

Four different spindles have been used on the YRM mowers with different shafts as shown. Because old style spindle assemblies are often replaced by new style, serial No’s. are meaningless. Parts bulletin also describes them.

On the waybackmachine, the RFM-48 Kubota is also listed like the Yanmar YRM-48 being made by Woods. Data is old, not sure of how reliable the info is.

/ Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #3  
Last edited:
   / Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #4  
   / Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #5  

If the "Y" is taken off the model, it's an RM-48. That's a Woods made product. Woods has made plenty of attachments over the decades for Yanmar. I would start looking to see if the RM-48 aligns well to your YRM-48.

Start looking to see images of the RM48-YM-2 parts diagram. Click on the left column for each section. If it matches, you can request a PDF manual from Woods to your email. :)

/ Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #6  
   / Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #7  
Thanks for the info was not aware the site was.

willy

/ Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #8  
Thanks for the info was not aware the site was.

willy
Willy, there are just tooooooo many of these manual SPOOF sites out there.

Whilst looking for ANY manual as a PDF, it's best to use a PDF search engine. Higher success rate. ALSO, any site with "cgi" or cgi-bin" in the path is 99.9999999% a SPOOF site that will steal your Credit Card info and/or install SPYWARE/MALWARE

Last edited:
   / Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #9  
Whilst looking for ANY manual as a PDF, it's best to use a PDF search engine. ... any site with "cgi" or cgi-bin" in the path is 99.9999999% a SPOOF site that will steal your Credit Card info and/or install SPYWARE/MALWARE
What's a .pdf search engine? Examples?

/ Yanmar YRM 48 finishing mower manual help #10  
What's a .pdf search engine? Examples?

Ah, so you want my secrete tool for finding PDF manuals online eh?

It will cost ya. LOL

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V