Yanmar MRT6DX or other models

/ Yanmar MRT6DX or other models #1  

bmaverick

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2610 ■YANMAR GURU■ EXTRAORDINAIRE
Anyone here have a Yanmar 2-wheeled tractor?

If I had to get one, the Yanmar has these really neat structural steel wheels for all kinds of muddy fields to work in.

img_index_01.jpg

/ Yanmar MRT6DX or other models #2  
That looks pretty awesome. Are these available now in the US? It seems like two wheel tractors are used more in the developing world for farming. BCS also has steel wheels available. I thought about that for gardening but would not want to run them over the lawn so would have to be continually switching wheels.

/ Yanmar MRT6DX or other models
That looks pretty awesome. Are these available now in the US? It seems like two wheel tractors are used more in the developing world for farming. BCS also has steel wheels available. I thought about that for gardening but would not want to run them over the lawn so would have to be continually switching wheels.
They are brought in by Fredricks Importing. I've only seen a selected few. Many are used in the Carolinas for rice paddy work.

I'm way north on the Rock River prairie basin. It's all black sand up here. A 2-wheel with steel wheels will not sink. The bigger Yanmar tractor does alright, but once the rains come in the Spring, it stays parked. The Poulan tiller, even with the knobby wheels sinks. I could fab something up for mounting the steel wheels. Yet, it's only a tiller and not really a 2W tractor.

There are all sorts of fun 2W Yanmar YT videos out there. I've even seen one with a front blade pushing snow.

/ Yanmar MRT6DX or other models #4  
Something else Yanmar makes that interests me are the AC-18 and AC-21 tractors equipped with tracks that accept front mount flail mowers, but have no idea how you'd get one in the USA.

Something else Yanmar makes that interests me are the AC-18 and AC-21 tractors equipped with tracks that accept front mount flail mowers, but have no idea how you'd get one in the USA.
Reach out to Fredricks Imports. They are getting a few sea containers every month from Japan. Sometimes rotary tillers and other odd machines do come in if requested. They prefer you pick a model with a popular engine type and reliable. Frediricks is the only USA company with a Yanmar USA agreement for bringing Gray Market equipment over here. If you ask for Tom Fredrick, the owner, you can work out all kinds of details.

There are Yanmar Rice planter machines over here now in the Carolinas and northern GA too. These are not tiny by any means.
1702224459206.png

And the harvest rice machines.
1702224567811.png

Those are both the 2W walk behinds.

There are 4W planters too in the USA brought over. And with a global rice shortage now, it's a very profitable crop to do now. This machine is used and sold here in the USA for a mere $850. The machine can be converted for other uses too.
1702224690659.png

/ Yanmar MRT6DX or other models #6  
Is there a way to run a front mount brush cutter or flail mower on the yanmar 2 wheel tractor?

The Swiss Brielmaiers have slope holding spiked steel wheels, but I'm not sure you can buy one in the USA unless it's some kind of special order situation. The best motor mower in the world | Rapid Technic AG

Is there a way to run a front mount brush cutter or flail mower on the yanmar 2 wheel tractor?
I'm not certain it could do that.

1702226751917.png

1702226819296.png

The old machines have a front mounting bar.
1702227157382.png

oh, soory, it took me some time to find this,
1702227256906.png

/ Yanmar MRT6DX or other models #8  
BCS has spike wheels available now too. But, you're going to pay.

$850 for the whole machine? You can't get a single BCS attachment for that.

They are cheap, even for this used Yanmar setup.
1702241389696.png