Buying Advice Yanmar mechanic please help

/ Yanmar mechanic please help #1  

fireemann

Bronze Member
I’m looking for someone to help me figure out a Yanmar 3tnv84. It’s non turbo and in an ihi mini hoe. The engine was rebuilt with new sleeves pistons and rings. Pump was sent out and checked as well as injectors. I got it to run but can’t figure out why it’s not making power as it should.

/ Yanmar mechanic please help #2  
Fuel timing? What about valve train? Checked timing there and adjusted the valves?

James

/ Yanmar mechanic please help #3  
Were the shims under the pump reused.?? I hope u didn’t throw them out..
Have u gone to the pump to make sure the throttle assembly is going to wide open and hitting the stop screw.??

/ Yanmar mechanic please help
So had all the locals that know diesels mess with it. We’ve played with injection timing and have been from 2 teeth retarted to 9 teeth advanced. It will start lugs under strain. Smokes white and smells strong of fuel under load smoke gets dirty but not black.

As far as I know shims are the same. Had pump and injectors run at Columbus diesel in ohio.

/ Yanmar mechanic please help #6  
Did they send a report back with the pump and injectors?

Are all fuel filters new?

Did they send a report back with the pump and injectors?

Are all fuel filters new?

Yes brand new filters. Fuel tank was drained and fresh new fuel when put back together

Were the shims under the pump reused.?? I hope u didn’t throw them out..
Have u gone to the pump to make sure the throttle assembly is going to wide open and hitting the stop screw.??

It throttles up just not sure about it hitting the stop screw.