Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket

/ Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket #1  

yanmars

Platinum Member
I have need of a oil pan drain plug bolt and nylon gasket. Actually only need the nylon gasket but perhaps should get both. Anyone have a spare or where to get one? Did not see it listed at Hoyes. Thanks This is for the 336d.

/ Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket #2  
Go back to Hoye and look again-under engine rebuild(336). It doesn't use a nylon gasket,uses an o-ring. oil plug-HDP-112 o-ring ***-112

/ Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket #4  
Harbor Freight or big chain auto store. HF has a small kit 225 pieces 5.99$

/ Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket #5  
   / Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket #6  
Wow!! big time pressure on it. Running or something I guess your saying. Fuel on it are you for real? It's Oil. Ever hear of a carburetor..................

/ Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket #7  
I have need of a oil pan drain plug bolt and nylon gasket. Actually only need the nylon gasket but perhaps should get both. Anyone have a spare or where to get one? Did not see it listed at Hoyes. Thanks This is for the 336d.

Automotive uses the white nylon gasket and bolt-plug because there is a less chance of leaks and less chance of over torquing the o-ring to mush.

Today is 2022, and better methods of a drain plug gasket have been produced. Check out what AutoZone has near you. There are a host of options. Just ensure the ID will allow the bolt-plug to fit.

This type works great. Again check your ID size.

This type will work very good as the wide ID to OD has much surface area to seal.

This here is the latest gasket sealing on the market. The multiple annular ribs provide multiple sealing rings to keep back any leaks. The ID ribs fit snug to the blot-plug making removal easy without having to scrap the gasket off or loosing it in the drain pan. The side tab helps to align it to the back side of the bolt-plug.

The other options tend to have issues with how many times you can reuse.

/ Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket #8  
Oil pan plug..

/ Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket #9  
Wow!! big time pressure on it. Running or something I guess your saying. Fuel on it are you for real? It's Oil. Ever hear of a carburetor..................

I'm an automotive engineer with transmission and cooling system background. You can't use the wrong materials for o-rings. It's just asking for trouble hands down. Pick ones that are fully compatible for years of good service. H-F is good in a pinch, but questionable for duration and application. TBN has a thread on H-F tools that $ux$ and another with H-F tools that do not $ux$. LOL California and I often are over there too.

/ Yanmar 336d oil pan drain plug bolt/nylon gasket #10  
It's a oil pan plug. Period ??? My father retired from ford. Dealer Rep. I worked on Multi Million dollar Graphic equipment. So what does all that have to do with a oil pan o-ring you say you read doesn't work?