Yanmar 226D Brake Housing OIl Leak

/ Yanmar 226D Brake Housing OIl Leak #1  

chuck9832

Tractor
Yanmar 226D
Hello everyone I have a Yanmar 226D that has developed hydrulic oil leaks from the brake housing. I have removed the brake shoe assembly and brake drum on both sides and it looks like the leak is coming from the differential carrier o-rings as the oil is leaking while tractor is parked. I discovered on the left side that the diff carrier bolts had loosened enough to allow the shims on that side to slide out of place , I was able to get the shims back in place and retighten the bolts. On the right side all bolts were tight and the oil didn't appear to be coming from the shaft seal indicating a bad o-ring on that side also. The parts manual shows only the o-ring and a shaft seal for keeping oil from leaking into the brake housing no gasket on the carrier/trans housing mating surface. Can the differential carriers be removed for o-ring replacement without the worry of any pieces/parts coming off of the assembly when removed from the transmisson/differential/hydrulic housing. The other question I have concerns replacement of the PTO Output Shaft bearing and seal replacement. Can the PTO shaft cover be removed for replacing the bearing and seal without complete disassembly of the transmisson. Thanks for taking the time to read this and giving your input.

/ Yanmar 226D Brake Housing OIl Leak #2  
I would have to look at the parts diagram to understand your question about the brake housing O rings as I can't think of the answer off the top of my head. But the PTO is a whole unit and comes out the back as a unit. Hoye has a video on YouTube that shows the pto removal and I believe they show a pto seal replacement, I can't remember if they did the bearing or not? But it does have to be removed and the shaft pulled out to get to the bearing I believe. I can't remember without looking at mine or really know but I believe the seal might be able to be pulled out the back while it's on the tractor for sure not the bearing though.

If you don't have the rops that mounts to the pro bolts you can pull the pto from the tractor in like 15 mins or less as a whole assembly.

/ Yanmar 226D Brake Housing OIl Leak #4  
If this is about the rear axle seal, the outer one I have a post showing and detailing that job on a YM2000 here on this site.