Yamaha Kodiac 450 EPS

/ Yamaha Kodiac 450 EPS #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
Anyone have any experience with the Yamaha Kodiac? Currently have an '07 Honda 420 Rancher and considering a new machine, haven't had any issues with it beyond a couple with the AT but the new Hondas are more money and I don't really like the new style looks.

/ Yamaha Kodiac 450 EPS #2  
We operate a 700 "Kodiak" and if we search this section, you see our review of it. We put about 300 hours in it this winter.

/ Yamaha Kodiac 450 EPS #3  
Don't own a new 450 Kodiak but a huge fan of Yamaha products.My next machine will be that particular one.I purchased a new 660 Grizzly traded it for a 450 Rhino(put 4,000 miles on it) traded that for a 2016 Viking.All have been very good.My machine are mostly work machines so must be dependable.

/ Yamaha Kodiac 450 EPS #4  
I wish now I would have went Yamaha. But I was die hard Polaris because all my previous ones were so good. But my new Sportsman is junk. Poor quality components and very poor build quality. And after all the problems I went back to dealer to look at the others on the floor and they are all the same.

But my Honda and Yamaha motorcycles have always been top notch.

/ Yamaha Kodiac 450 EPS #5  
I bought my Kodiak 450 new back in 2006. It's got over 6,000 miles on it so far and has been trouble free. Been thinking of maybe trading for one of the new ones with fuel injection and power steering but I'm kind of fond of this old thing - we've seen a lot of great country together.
P1060382r.jpg

/ Yamaha Kodiac 450 EPS #6  
My BIL has one of the 450 Kodiak (2006) that he purchased new;also has been good.They stopped offering the 450cc motor around 2010,glad to see it's back.

/ Yamaha Kodiac 450 EPS #7  
The new Kodiak is a stripped down Grizzly. Look at a Honda Rubicon 500 DCT IRS EPS. Excellent atv, top quality.

/ Yamaha Kodiac 450 EPS
Yes Hondas are fine, I own one now but not looking to spend over 9K for any ATV