Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,231  
3 maybe 4 weeks ago this was CAN$66 now its CAN$86. I don't care what anyone says, there's no way that their costs went up 31%. To me that's just an out and out rip. They couldn't keep it in stock as it was the cheapest half decent plywood for $66. It's still cheaper than anything else around but they're gouging.............Mike

1649673389328.png

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,232  
Yet a decade ago mills were struggling, and making do with what they had for equipment. Around here at least, several major mills have turned some of that "extra" back into their infrastructure so that they can be more competitive in the future. They aren't the only factor in the supply chain anyways. You may not have noticed but fuel has gone up; required to run the mill, as well as bring raw product in and finished product out. Then it goes to the lumberyard, which makes more off the lumber than anybody further down the supply chain.
The mills here were all bought out by Canadian companies.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,233  
What I find ironic is that many of the people complaining about lumber prices say "That's Capitalism" when Bezo et.al. makes it impossible for our neighbors to compete, so that he can add more to his pile of gold.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,234  
The mills here were all bought out by Canadian companies.
Paper mills here were bought out by Chinese and African companies.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,235  
I remember when the government used to investigate monopolies.
Now if a company has even one competitor and even if it owns over 90% of the market, all is well......

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,236  
Right back up to almost what it was during the 'so called shortage'. Think I'd go with a brick house instead.
You do know that a brick house is just a veneer over wood? Not cheaper than siding, just better and more expensive. (been a bricklayer for 40 years)

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,237  
The newer ones, the old ones around here were triple brick thick.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,239  
Dang. I sort of naively assumed that lumber prices were coming back down to earth.

Wife wants a she-shack office built this summer. Something simple like 12x20 with a front porch, etc. Can just be 2x10 floor grid, 2x4 walls, 2x8 rafters or such. I didn't realize how much it would cost me! The t&g flooring alone... $62 a sheet right now? c'mon, man.....