Xr4150 won't crank over

/ Xr4150 won't crank over #1  

gwaldrog

Tractor
Ls xr4150
Turn the key to start nothing. I know starter is good because you can jump across at starter and it spins over. Ignition switch is good. Starter relay is not activating. Checked pto is off. Parking break is set. All pane lights on and everything seams normal. No codes. Glow plugs cycle off normally. The engine will not fire up when jumping the starter manually. Looks like there should be a ground on pin 85 on the starter relay but there is not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Xr4150 won't crank over #2  
A very common issue with these tractors is the ground connection from the battery to the chasis. Take it off, clean both the frame and and the cable, and reinstall. Make sure its tight to metal.
I had the same problem about the this same time last year. Racked my brain trying to figure it out.
Look for the simple things first. Should take a minute or two to check that ground. Make sure you check all the fuses as well.

/ Xr4150 won't crank over #3  
Check the clamp to battery post as well (both ground and positive). Mine wouldn't tighten to where I couldn't move it, so I got Marine type terminal clamps that would tighten, then recrimped copper lugs with eyes to fit the marine bolts. Slathered everything in dielectric after it was put together.

/ Xr4150 won't crank over
Thanks I'll try that tomorrow. I guess I don't see how the grond is bad cause lights horn display all work

/ Xr4150 won't crank over #5  
Also check the seat safety switch. Mine went wonky soon after buying the tractor. It seems like a weak link.

/ Xr4150 won't crank over #6  
I rerouted a new positive cable from the battery to the starter solenoid. It went bad somewhere in the odd “L” off the post. Didn’t remove the factory cable just added a new one and bingo problem solved and it’s been great