Comparison XR4040H vs XR4140H

/ XR4040H vs XR4140H #11  
I really prefer HST. I learned on a geared tractor when I was about 5, but do all 4 of you a huge favor and get the HST. My 93 year old grandpa went and traded his L2550 which had served him well for many years after he used a HST tractor.

/ XR4040H vs XR4140H #12  
CONGRATS !! Hope you enjoy it, and maybe the weather will warm up so we can get out there and put them to work. I had mine delivered last Friday and was able to use it for a few minutes on sat. It's been sitting since then, its so cold as i'm sure you are aware of up in Mich. Be patient spring will be here soon.

/ XR4040H vs XR4140H #13  
Awesome! Congrats - getting that additional 6 HP for $200 is a great deal. I did the over-analytical thing between Kubota, some green tractor, Mahindra, and New Holland, then "discovered" LS on this forum. Comparing side by side, you get a lot more chili on an LS for the same money (rear hydros, all kinds of front & rear lights, rubber floor mat, etc.), and my XR4040H is just a blast to use. Like the way it's put together and finished out.

It's true that you never have enough HP, because you'll always find a bigger stump, a heavier thing to lift or pull. But while the 40HP is overkill for 90% of the stuff I do, it's sure nice to have when you find that thing that requires more oomph than you thought.

Mostly, though, i really, really like the compact size and use the FEL a lot, so the HST thing is absolutely worth it. Have fun!

You did give your tractor a name, right?

/ XR4040H vs XR4140H
You did give your tractor a name, right?

I've tasked my kids (4, 4, and 2) to come up with an acceptable name. Until then, I've just been referring to her as "Ole Blue".

I'm not home to measure at the moment, but does anyone have Pat's Quick Hitch on their (4000) arms? No trouble with fit I'm assuming?