XR3037HC thinking of buying - have questions

/ XR3037HC thinking of buying - have questions #1  

F3506

Silver Member
Tractor
Blue ones
I've read the brochures about lift capacities of the front loader, but am curious about real world expectations. How much weight can you lift with the front end before you really need to counter balance it? A bucket full of gravel ok or a little too much?

How much can you lift and control with the 3 point? Can you pick up and move 4 x 5 round bales with the 3 point, or is it a struggle? Will adding a quick attach on the 3 point adversely effect how much can be lifted (moving the load further back).

Do folks with this size tractor fill the tires? How does that affect ride quality? How does the AC keep up in something like the Texas heat?

/ XR3037HC thinking of buying - have questions #2  
On my 3037 I usually don't add rear ballast if only lifting 1000 lb. or less with the loader.

The most I've lifted with the loader so far is about 1600 lbs. A friend of mine bought a lift for his garage (the shipping crate said 1600 lb.) and his tractor couldn't lift it off the delivery truck. I put my 1200 lb. rear ballast on and took my tractor to his house and unloaded his garage lift off the truck with the QA forks on the loader.

I have loaded the rear tires. Before I loaded them I noticed a bucket full of gravel made the rear end feel light and the tires would spin in 2WD. Not so after loading the rears.

I loaded mine with 39 gallons of washer fluid in each. That's roughly 312 lb. per tire (624 lb. both). I don't notice any effect on ride quality. I run about 18 PSI rear and 50 in front. Book calls for 50 Front, 20 Rear.

I do use a HF quick hitch on the 3 pt. for use with rear ballast weights, box blade or flail mower. I take it off to use the post hole digger. The QH weighs about 40 lb. by itself.

I have not maxxed out the 3 pt. lift capacity so far. I haven't tried to lift anything that heavy yet. I'm guessing I've only lifted about 12-1400 lb. on the 3 pt. and did so with ease. I don't know how heavy a round bale is but if its close to that you won't have a problem. You might be better using a QA bale spear on the loader and have a rear ballast on. On the 3037 the loader lift capacity is greater than the 3 pt.

I'm in the cold northeast so cab heat in winter is more important to me. Last summer I tried the A/C on a couple days and it worked fine. Can't say how it will work in your Texas heat but I think it will do just fine. Maybe a 3037HC owner further south will pop in with comments on this.

/ XR3037HC thinking of buying - have questions #3  
I have the older model - R3039. I can lift round bales with the loader without any issue. I did notice I have more stability with the snowblower on the back though!!

/ XR3037HC thinking of buying - have questions
Since I won't be getting a snow blower, what's the weight of that for a reference?

Of course I imagine you're completely blind trying to move round bales with the front end loader on such a small tractor, but it's nice to know it will work in a pinch to load something.

/ XR3037HC thinking of buying - have questions #5  
I think the snowblower is around 600#

Its not really bad at all. I have moved both round, and large squares with it. The bigger issue, is if you get in a soft spot, the front tires like to sink in.

/ XR3037HC thinking of buying - have questions
Thought I might as well update. The wife ended up getting one of these. I have been surprised with the hydraulic flow and quickness of the front end loader operation. The little thing lifts a lot more weight than I ever thought it would too.

Granted this is a pierced beam (lower profile) trailer and they are only 4 x 5 bales, but it was able to snag them off the top row and bring them down and put them up without any fear on the inside. Lower the bales too quick and you and you can feel the tractor rock, but not nearly as unstable as I would have guessed. It's a stout little machine for sure.

2015-08-08 18.27.00.jpg