xr 4140 or xr4150

/ xr 4140 or xr4150 #1  

fishnbob

Tractor
in process of buying
New here and may have posted this question in the wrong place since im asking about brand specific. Im looking at these two tractors and wondering if I should save some money and get the 40hp. I will be doing some clearing, food plots, snow removal, cutting firewood, brush hogging and lots of loader work for backfilling and moving dirt around. Thanks Bob

/ xr 4140 or xr4150 #2  
I have the 4145 and have had no problems with any of those tasks. What is the price difference between the 40 and 50 hp?

/ xr 4140 or xr4150 #3  
New here and may have posted this question in the wrong place since im asking about brand specific. Im looking at these two tractors and wondering if I should save some money and get the 40hp. I will be doing some clearing, food plots, snow removal, cutting firewood, brush hogging and lots of loader work for backfilling and moving dirt around. Thanks Bob

Also, are you looking at Hydrostatic or not? I have XR4145HC and went with the 45HP to get to a PTO HP of 36HP. The 4140HC only had 32HP and I wanted a bit more PTO HP and felt the 4 HP increase on the PTO worth it. I wanted to run a 6' brush hog with out issue and at 5HP per foot, 5*6 = 30HP and wanted more headroom than 2HP as I have some steep grades as well that I climb with the brush hog.

But if you are getting a geared version, then 40HP would yield you 34.4HP PTO vs. the 32HP of the Hydrostatic models.

With a 5' brush hog likely doesn't matter.

/ xr 4140 or xr4150 #4  
The prior replies to this thread by me and... somone were deleted. He ended up getting the 4145H from the dealer. Should be delivered today.

/ xr 4140 or xr4150 #5  
The prior replies to this thread by me and... somone were deleted. He ended up getting the 4145H from the dealer. Should be delivered today.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the 4145H? And what options were included?

I'm in the market for an LS...

Thanks!