XG3032H runs for 30 seconds and stops. 169 HRS total run time.

/ XG3032H runs for 30 seconds and stops. 169 HRS total run time. #1  

Keith W

Tractor
LS XG3032H
About a week ago three lights came on the dash:
  1. The yellow DPF regen indicator (blinking every 1 sec)
  2. the yellow DPF inhibit indicator (on steady)
  3. the red engine warning light, (exclamation symbol, (blinking every 2 sec)
That combination isn't shown in the tractor's manual. My first thought was start a regen by holding down the inhibit switch, but the inhibit light wouldn't go off and regen didn't happen. (lights are all still on btw). I continued working, thinking the tractor would enter regen, but it never did. After two mornings (3 hrs each run time) working with the indicator lights still on, hoping regen would start, I tried to force a regen with high rpm, but it never happened. Now the tractor only runs 30 seconds before shutoff. Once that happened, the cold start (orange coils) indicator came on every time I started it, then went off before it shut down.

My first thought was that the DPF filter is clogged, but I don't know if that's normal with only 169 hours on the tractor. I called an LS dealer, (65 miles away since my local dealer closed, of course) and a mechanic told me I probably need to bring it in for a computer reset/code clearing. He also told me to check the fuel pre-filter. The prefilter was dirty so I replaced it with a new one and used the little pump on the main fuel filter to bleed the lines afterward. I also cleaned the air filter and changed the oil.

I know this problem could be a number of things, but I have no idea which.

My next step was going to be to replace the main fuel filter element, then if that doesn't work, clean the DPF filter, but I'm not sure that's needed if during the 30 seconds the thing will run, the exhaust is coming out strong?

Any suggestions would sure be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Keith W.

/ XG3032H runs for 30 seconds and stops. 169 HRS total run time. #2  
purge water from your fuel filter yet??

/ XG3032H runs for 30 seconds and stops. 169 HRS total run time. #3  
The mechanic is probably correct, it's time for a computer reset and possibly software update. This should all happen under warranty but going 65 miles out of your way to have it done is not desirable. If you continue running the tractor in that condition you risk more major repairs which may not be covered under warranty.

/ XG3032H runs for 30 seconds and stops. 169 HRS total run time.
purge water from your fuel filter yet??
I used the little pump on top of the filter. I haven't opened any lines. Is this sufficient?

The mechanic is probably correct, it's time for a computer reset and possibly software update. This should all happen under warranty but going 65 miles out of your way to have it done is not desirable. If you continue running the tractor in that condition you risk more major repairs which may not be covered under warranty.
unfortunately warranty is up. Sounds like it wouldn't be worth the effort of trying to clean the DPF filter

/ XG3032H runs for 30 seconds and stops. 169 HRS total run time. #6  
The infamous EPA strikes again....lol

Dealer time I'd say.

Ugh worst fears confirmed LOL I'll call the much closer New Holland dealer and see if they have the software/diagnostics to work on it.

Thanks all for such quick responses

/ XG3032H runs for 30 seconds and stops. 169 HRS total run time. #9  
The way i have always reprimed a fuel pump is crack the fuel line at the injector not remove just crack loosen a little it turn the engine over until a good flow out of fuel line retighten as you keep engine turning over or hand priming