X595 Attachments

/ X595 Attachments #1  

ctsang

Has anyone had experience using KingKutter XB series attachments on a JD X595 3PH. This 3PH only has a spread range of 24"-29" inches and I am looking for attachments that would fit without too much modification. I know JD has some, but they are AWFULLY proud of them.

/ X595 Attachments #2  
I actually emailed KK about getting their XB rototiller for my X585. They replied that they didn't think it would fit! I ordered one through Tractor Supply 2 months ago and it still hasn't come in. I think that it would fit especially if you have the cat1 hitch. I have also heard that the quality of thwe XB is questionable. I went and bought a Woods 52" rototiller and it fits and works just fine.

/ X595 Attachments #3  
I purchased a King Kutter XB Box Blade from my local Tractor Supply Company. It fit my X585 with no problem. I hardly use the box blade, so I didn't want to buy anything top notch. It's OK. The quality is definately less than say Woods.

/ X595 Attachments #4  
Std Cat 1 spread is 26". That's the spec. Actually, I think it's something like 26 1/4".

Ralph

/ X595 Attachments #5  
Does anyone have experience using the 48" box scraper on their JD X series tractor? If so, I have some questions to ask of you.. I'll await a reponse.

/ X595 Attachments #6  
I have experience using a 48" box scraper on the X595. I am happy to answer any questions I can

John M

/ X595 Attachments #7  
Thanks for the reply. I have been working on installing a yard in a wooded area. I have already removed the trees, stumps, etc. and am ready to begin the grading/ prep work for seed. I have been debating whether or not to rent/borrow a larger tractor w/ 3point hitch for this work, but am interested in purchasing one for my JD if it will be up to the task. The benefit, if this piece would work, would obviously be the maneuverability around the trees I have left etc. So the question I am trying to ask is, how well has this scraper worked for you, and if you feel it will be up to the task I have described above. I alos have a skid steer and a rock hound that I have been waiting to give a shot, at least for removing rocks, grinding up the underbrush, etc., but am now waiting for the recent snow to melt. Sorry for the rambling, but I wanted to give you an idea of what I need this piece to be able to do, so I'll await your response. Thanks in advance.

/ X595 Attachments #8  
I no longer have the 595 with the 48" box blade, but it did a fine job. I think it would do what you wanted of it. As far as the 595 being able to pull the BB, there is no problem there. The only (small) concern I would have is with ground clearance. Even with the lift up as high as possbile, there is not a lot of clearance, so it may be difficult if the ground has deep divots in it. As far as performance, I think the 48BB is great. The one made for the 400's and 500's has a nice plate over the top that causes the scraped material to roll. This is nice. With the Woods made Frontier BB I currently have for my 4310, if the blade gets full, material just goes over the top, which is not as good. I wish the one I now have was designed as smartly as that one.

John M

/ X595 Attachments #9  
Thanks for the advice. I do have some larger divots remaining due to the stump removal, but it should not be a serious problem since I also have a skid steer which I can use to get the trouble areas level enough for the BB to do it's work.