x320 Steering Issue

/ x320 Steering Issue #1  

morrisrh

Tractor
2010 JD x320
I have a 2010 x320 riding mower. Used last summer for mowing and over the winter with the snow blade with no problem. Switched back to mower deck and on first mowing this week noticed steering to the left is no longer as sharp as to the right. It looks like the wheels turning to the left do not go the last inch or so to the stop, as they do on the right. Looking underneath, I do not see any obstructions to the rods or other pivot points. Any ideas why the turning radius is less than before to the left only ?? Thx for any and all help. Rick

/ x320 Steering Issue #2  
Take a look at this:
x320.JPG

/ x320 Steering Issue #3  
That sounds like a odd one for me.
Let us know how things work out.

/ x320 Steering Issue #4  
I suspect that the rack and pinion may have slipped a gear, causing his steering issue.
x320-1.JPG

/ x320 Steering Issue #5  
My X360 being power steering, it does not have all that stuff that is in the diagram.

/ x320 Steering Issue #6  
Yup, apples and oranges.

/ x320 Steering Issue #7  
I have a 2010 x320 riding mower. Used last summer for mowing and over the winter with the snow blade with no problem. Switched back to mower deck and on first mowing this week noticed steering to the left is no longer as sharp as to the right. It looks like the wheels turning to the left do not go the last inch or so to the stop, as they do on the right. Looking underneath, I do not see any obstructions to the rods or other pivot points. Any ideas why the turning radius is less than before to the left only ?? Thx for any and all help. Rick
Check under the frame on the left side by the lift arm- the one where the lift rod from the blade goes into. Underneath there's a cross shaft with a rod that comes from the lift pedal. You'll probably find the the pin missing and that the rod dropped out of the arm on the cross shaft- it happened to me. It doesn't affect the mower lift but it jams the steering when you try to go full lock to the left. It's a bit of a PITA to fix :( ......... you'll have to pull the deck and it would help if you can get the front of the tractor in the air so you can get underneath it to see what you are doing. I used a hydraulic jack and put the front wheels on blocks. Then it's just a matter of putting the rod back in and installing a new pin. Or .......... just follow the rod back and pull the rear pin. Take the rod out (you should be able to this without pulling the deck.) and just plan on installing it in the fall when you put your blade back on.

/ x320 Steering Issue
Yes, I took to dealer and that was basically it. I had the 44 inch snow blade on the mower during the winter. I had one of those "onsite maintenance" guys who serviced my neighbor's JD unit (older not x320) come over and swap out the blade for the mowing deck. The first mow of the year gave me the problem turning left. It went to the dealer for diagnosis and repair. I believe there are 2 lift rods for the blade, the outer and the inner. The man removed the outer lift rod, which is attached to the blade, but did not remove the inner rod, which is not attached to the blade. In removing the blade or installing the deck, that inner rod must have bent and when I was turning while mowing, it broke and part of the rod impeded the steering gear. I believe the inner rod should be removed as well.