X Series

/ X Series #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Anybody have one? I am looking at getting one with a broom for my mowing business. Thanks.

/ X Series #2  
Have the X485, all wheel steer, but no broom - yet! Great tractor. Mucho power, great ergonomics, very comfortable. Other than a couple more hp, and larger tires for all wheel steer, and hood - they are similar to the previous 445 model.

I am very happy with mine and have had the 425, 445, and now the x485. Anything in particular you want to know?

/ X Series #4  
I run a 54" deck, and mow about 8 acres with a lot of trees. Have an MC 519 cart and a 54" plow blade on the front.

Bought my first 425 in '98. I would highly recommend the all-wheel-steer for the sweeper, and find it is ideal for any side-hill work. You can run on a side hill and make a turn uphill without slipping a tire. It has positraction too, but I find I rarely need it for most jobs.

/ X Series #5  
I am getting close to talking with two dealers over the next few weeks about an X585, FEL, Cart, MMM (not sure 48" or 54") and a back blade. Based on this what can I figure as a good deal?

I figured the 48" mower based on the layout of my lawn, even though we will add some additional grass down the road I don't need the extra width.

/ X Series #6  
I would recommend the 54" deck, as the 48" will not 'stick out' beyond the wheels enough to do much trimming. Not sure why they even offer that narrow deck. I find the 54" to be very good around trees and such, but I would feel the 62" to be just too wide.
Price? No idea for your area and with your dealer.

/ X Series #7  
For comparison purposes, I have a quote on a JD 2210 with FEL and 54C MMM, $12,750

Carts are cheap, back blades are widely available.

The 2210 is a frame size up from the X5xx, so take that into consideration.

Cecil

/ X Series #8  
Thanks guys. I didn't make it out yesterday after working in the yard all day. I managed to reseed the lawn since last year when our new lawn was put in about a week later most was washed away. So today we get a torrential downpour and hail. Oh well. I am ready for fertilizer in June and August to help it along.

I am going to look in more ernest ove the next couple weeks at the x585 and 2210 just to make sure I get the right machine.

My concern was having too big of a machine to cut the lawn and too little of a machine to do the yard work I need. Move gravel, mulch, dirt cart the debri etc. I know I don't need a full size CUT in the 29D or 4210 range.

I will go 54" on the mower I just ddin't want it to be in the way at the wrong times.

/ X Series
That sounds like a decent price. I already have a tractor with an FEL, I just need a mower and a broom. I know I could mow faster w/a commercial mower, but my lawn jobs are for fun, so time isn't a factor. Tough choice between the 2210 and an X series. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ X Series #10  
You might want to check out the rubbermaid dump carts if you haven't already. They are great. I got the 15 cu ft one. It was around $269 but it'll last forever which is more than I could say about a steel one.