X-cord for welder

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / X-cord for welder #61  
I got to love the statement, more than one way,, the exact point i am making. This gang rhinks there is only one way.
Another thing, because its a code minimum doesnt mean its inadequate.

/ X-cord for welder #62  
Its obvious lots of people here know more than most do despite no real education in the matter other than someone told me.

/ X-cord for welder #63  
Absolutely not. You aren't qualified to comment on any logic I use or decisions I make concerning my own property. If I own an item that draws 50 amps and there's a chance I might need it in a given location, running an inadequate circuit to that location is a stupid decision.
I really dont care what you do on your property.

/ X-cord for welder #64  
I M talking to people interested in learning a little about how circuits are designed. I wonder why it takes years of study if it was as simple as some make it sound? Why dont we hook all the "220" stuff to 100A and call it a day?
As for sharing a 240 with other stuff, i simply dont do it. I get something new or different and its almost instinct to consider a proper circuit for it and only under extreme duress would come up with some convoulted adapter u see advocated on some of the forums.
I think.other guys simply give up with this. They would rather be liked.

/ X-cord for welder #65  
I like to pick on a thread for a day that really deserves it and this is one.
I was at a convention, a bud was lecturng fire science and forensics and knew a couple investigators. I ask about some of this.
Mainly about compressors and welders as these most common in home garages. They said,, despite all the faults some had never seen a fire from the unstall,, the use of yes, the wore on gire about never. I would have thought old connections but they simply fail. Number 1 was electroc heaters and old fuse panels, 2nd was kitchen counter tops in old installs.

/ X-cord for welder #66  
A high numberof issues being 2 current carrying conductors undet 1 screw.

/ X-cord for welder #67  
I got to love the statement, more than one way, the exact point I am making. (there isn't?) This gang thinks there is only one way. Another thing, because its a code minimum doesn't mean its inadequate.

The 'gang' isn't arguing a best way, just one way, ... or to do things 'minimal' just because it'd work fine for someone else. "My circuits, my choice." (Just being patriotic)

I really don't care what you do on your property.

Well there's one I didn't see coming. How do I get on the list?

/ X-cord for welder #68  
Its the insistance that its unsafe if its not wired with a 6 which is faulty. Like i said, , but you dont read that part,,, nothing wrong with it but a guy doesnt have to and there is a between also. I dont use the minimum but that was missed too.
Little like politics where we only read the part we like.

/ X-cord for welder
I ain't blocking him, I don't block nobody. Sberry is alright, I ain't mad or anything. Just be cool, dude!

/ X-cord for welder #70  
This here thread is about extension cords, in case you didn't notice.
When its plugged in it is part of the circuit. Some of the machines even list the cord limits.
As for all this. I am not surprised some really dont care to learn,,, they already jknow more about this than other people and the people that designed and wrote it.
It doesnt get much notice when someone is nice, and like the delivery or not same people keep coming back to read it.
This is not about personalities, I dont block, I simply wouldnt read it if I didnt want to but what it is about is the same simple answer to the same question by the same people that fundamentally dont know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.