Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Wow, the rear blade works great in the snow!

/ Wow, the rear blade works great in the snow! #1  

bandit67

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 B3000 HSDCC 2020 Z251 Zero Turn
I finally got the chance to clear some snow yesterday and this morning. I've never used a rear blade on a tractor before this one, so I didn't know how it would do in the snow, pulling behind the machine. But, as others have mentioned in previous posts, it does a great job. The combination of the FEL and rear blade should work just fine with the snows we get.

Fortunately, I have quite a bit of asphalt, and the blade cleans down to the surface real nice. For the small amount of dirt/gravel I have to clear, I just use the blade facing backwards to keep from digging up the gravel and dirt.

I do understand why guys that spend their winters clearing snow in cold and blowing snow shell out $3-4k for a nice cab, even on a small machine. Can't justify it for the snow we get here at 5400', but if I were up in the mountains, I'd be shopping for a cab.

I think I may have to talk to some of the neighbors and see if I can make a little extra cash clearing some driveways since either they have to shovel by hand or pay someone to plow. Might as well be me. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Oh, I just realized I forgot to take some pics to add to my Webshots. I'll have to do that tonight.

/ Wow, the rear blade works great in the snow! #2  
bandit . . . it is always nice when things work!!!

If you get a heavy icy snow, you might find it easier to reverse the blade and push backwards. On light snows I found pulling the blade works, but when the slush falls and builds up, I've found it easier to push in reverse (of course, I usually use the blower, which is really a fun toy and I've often been found in neighbors driveways uninvited clearing them just because I love snow)

/ Wow, the rear blade works great in the snow! #3  
I don't want to see winter this year. I'll bet it sure is easy when using a FEL and blade. Look forward to the pics.

Was browsing your gallery and noticed the JD 110 photos. Those are nice photos. I'll bet it was quite fun to use something like that. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Wow, the rear blade works great in the snow!
Bob,

I actually plowed out one of the neighbor's yesterday, without them asking - I was having too much fun. My wife found it quite amusing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jay,

Yeah, that 110 was nice, and sure digs a lot faster than a BX22's backhoe, but to be honest, I actually prefer the smaller machines if they can get the job done. They just seem easier to get around a smaller property, and although they can be more time consuming on a bigger job, I guess I just enjoy the seat time. I was able to find that 110's backhoe's limits fairly easily, though, so it seems no matter how big you go, it doesn't take long to find a way to attempt to take a bigger bite than the machine can handle. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif