Wow...Big Difference In Filter Prices

/ Wow...Big Difference In Filter Prices #1  

alexsbuddy

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG3037 w/ LS LL3109 FEL Kodiak SD5 Mower, Speeco Model 65 PHD, Bush Hog BX-600 Box Blade, Titan 42" Skid Steer Pallet Fork/Hay Spear Combo
I am quickly approaching the first service for my XG3037 and began researching and comparing prices for the necessary filters (oil filter, pre-fuel filter, fuel filter, outer air filter, inner air filter, and hydraulic filter) and was shocked to learn that there is a huge difference in prices. The LS filters available online will run $245.00 for all of them, but I can save nearly $80.00 by purchasing the NAPA brand oil filter and fuel filter and then purchasing the remainder of the filters from my local New Holland dealer. I haven't talked to the dealer who I purchased my LS from but will certainly do so to see if he can meet or beat these prices. Considering that LS makes the New Holland compact utility tractors and the parts are the very same parts (part number and everything), I would have thought that the New Holland prices would have been similar but they were considerably less than the LS prices online. It really does pay to do some comparison shopping. I understand that each dealer/supplier is going to have a different cost of doing business which they have to pass on to the consumer, but $80.00 in savings is too much to ignore.

For anyone with a XG3037, I will be posting a cross-reference on all of the filters fairly soon and it will include LS, NAPA, FRAM, WIX, and New Holland (which also uses the same part number as LS). I will add others as I come across them.

/ Wow...Big Difference In Filter Prices #2  
I learned my lesson. Subs are not always accurate. Sure, they may fit, but often OEMs don't reveal the filtration specs. Besides, OEMS have had their asses kicked for price by competition, so usually, their prices aren't too bad.

/ Wow...Big Difference In Filter Prices #3  
If you decide on NAPA/Wix ask for their fleet price or military price. You will get another surprise. Mark-up on filters is enormous. I get 40% off and my NAPA dealer still makes a profit. I cross reference all my stuff. Only one there is no Wix/Napa number for is the air filter on a 25HP Kawasaki.

Ron

/ Wow...Big Difference In Filter Prices #4  
Look on Amazon and ebay. You will find significant savings there. I have three hydraulic filters on my dozer that are huge, each one is $140 at Napa, but only $80 on Amazon. Same Wix filters sold at Napa, which has a higher rating then the factory filters.

/ Wow...Big Difference In Filter Prices #5  
I got my oil filter at Napa, it's a Napa Gold.

I have a volvo that I use cartridge filters in and with that you get to see how the filter material holds up at various miles.

I have used Fram, STP, WIX, Napa Gold, Mobil 1 and another few I can't recall.

The Napa held up the best then the Mobile, all the others started collapsing after 3500 miles.

So given my experience I will stick with the Napa Gold or Platinum of they have them for it.

/ Wow...Big Difference In Filter Prices #6  
I use Wix or Napa ( same filters)

/ Wow...Big Difference In Filter Prices #7  
Mine are probably a little smaller, but Messick's was about cheapest route for me when shipping was figured in. I could have saved a maybe additional $7-10 using a couple cross-reference NAPA filters, but felt the price for set of 5 was fair enough and all oem parts. The complete sets of 5 I saw on eBay or Amazon (or wherever it was) were actually more than finding each one individually on messicks website.