Would you believe what my dealer did?

/ Would you believe what my dealer did? #1  

dmccarty

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4700
My quick connect hydraulic couplers have been siezing up with crud and corrosion and thus are not really quick connects anymore. I have replaced a couple sets over the last few months. I took off the 3ph and the my hydraulic toplink to put on the backhoe and sure enough the couplers for the toplink are rusted shut.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I had a spare set that allowed me to keep the tractor working but I had to order one male piece. The dealer said he put in a sample of penetrating oil that should stop my corrosion problems. I'm thinking the sample is just a small tube like a ketchup packet you get at a fast food place but I'll try it regardless of how it is packaged. I placed the order and got it the next day. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I open up the box and there is my part. And it fits! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But there is this can of oil not a sample packet that I expected. I'm sure the can cost a couple of dollars and it sure was not a sample. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The oil does not evaporate like the other stuff I have been using. Time will tell if it works but it sure can't hurt.

And the thought was well received. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The can was a real nice thing to do. But Ol' Joe was not finished. He had placed in the box two JD catalogs. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not a surprise, since Joe wants to sell stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But what was funny was that Joe had "addressed" the tractor catalog to Mr. Dan and the Gator catalog to Mrs. Dan. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mrs. Dan did spend some time looking at the Gators. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I figured I would share this since Mrs. Dan and myself got a chuckle out of the whole thing and it does get back to how important the dealer is to your purchase. The dealer was having Deere Day last weekend but I was building the foundation for my barn and could not make it to the dealer. But I sure wanted to take the wife and kids.

Get a dealer you can work with is very important. I sure wish I could buy a truck from these guys.....

Later,
Dan

/ Would you believe what my dealer did? #2  
You are right about the dealer making the difference. If the local JD dealer had the same attitude as your's does I might be riding a green tractor today instead of an orange one.

Bill Tolle

/ Would you believe what my dealer did? #3  
I had twine get wrapped up and gnarl an axle seal. I called the dealer and the seal camr lickety split. With a spare "C" clip. With a detailed description of the job from the service manual. With replacement fluid. And all without ANY charge.

WOW.

/ Would you believe what my dealer did? #4  
The dealer is the main reason why I bought green instead of orange. I had a problem with my transmission one time while I was plowing snow. I called the dealer around 3pm and a mechanic dropped by 5 to take a look. To my surprise he came in driving a HUGE JD tractor with an equally HUGE bucket. Before he left, he finished all my plowing! I was impressed. They picked up my tractor and took it to the shop first thing in the morning. They found the problem was just caused by a clogged transmission vent. They topped up the fluid and brought it back - no charge for anything!!! These guys are awesome.

/ Would you believe what my dealer did? #5  
It's great to hear there are still folks out there that " do the right thing " Great service with a smile ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif