Worn steering wheel cover... options?

/ Worn steering wheel cover... options? #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
Purchased a 2006 F350 CC dually diesel truck and it's doing a great job for me.

But somehow, ove 150K miles, the previous owner was able to wear a hole through the steering wheel cover... and it's bugging the crap out of me. The leather is worn through, and a small loose flap sticks out.

Any thoughts on fixing this somehow? I don't like the covers I've seen as they tend to be bulky.

I'm surprised at how much it bothers me... feel like someone slipped a pea under my mattress.

IMG_4201.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4202.JPG
    IMG_4202.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 136
   / Worn steering wheel cover... options? #2  
Buy a new steering wheel and use your airbag. That's all I know to do. Have done it before. I would like to see other ideas.

/ Worn steering wheel cover... options? #3  
There are leather steering wheel covers you can buy on EBay, you need to stitch them on yourself. They cost maybe 25.00 +\-. If you go this route, I would suggest wrapping the worn area with some smooth tape so you don't feel the worn area under the new cover.

/ Worn steering wheel cover... options? #4  
One of the bicycle handlebar tapes may fit your requirements?

/ Worn steering wheel cover... options? #5  
I second that, I would get a leather piece stitched to the top section only. Maybe one that says F-350 or something ?
Basically as mentioned before a section of leather (or thick vinyl) in grey or black, stitch a decal /letters that match the F-350 logo, then you stitch it/glue to the wheel..

/ Worn steering wheel cover... options? #6  
If your cheap one way to get buy is to electrical tape over it. Or go get a used steering wheel and maybe column for $100 or less.

If you look around, a 2004-2008 ish f150 wheel will fit with little modification. All I think you to do is play with the plugs. I know people use them when they put 08 interiors into a 7.3 diesel