Workmaser cylinder rebuild

/ Workmaser cylinder rebuild #1  

Msks

Tractor
Workmaster 55
Has anyone rebuilt a hydraulic cylinder on a workmaster tl 615 loader i cant figure out how to remove the piston from the shaft there is no nut the piston is threaded

/ Workmaser cylinder rebuild #2  
First question would be what leads you to believe it needs rebuilt?

Second, take a picture of the gland. There are many different styles of retaining a gland.

Now if you are talking about the gland being threaded......they are usually designed for taking a spanner wrench. However, a pipe wrench often works as there is usually enough of the gland beyond the barrel for the jaws to grip.

Last edited:
   / Workmaser cylinder rebuild

Second, take a picture of the gland. There are many different styles of retaining a gland.

Third....not sure what "no nut, piston is threaded" means....because you cant see the piston if you cant get the gland off.

Now if you are talking about the gland being threaded......they are usually designed for taking a spanner wrench. However, a pipe wrench often works as there is usually enough of the gland beyond the barrel for the jaws to grip.

Third....not sure what "no nut, piston is threaded" means....because you cant see the piston if you cant get the gland off.

16782228301203103745699136241051.jpg

I have never seen a piston threaded on to a shaft .this way i`m not sure how to remove it

/ Workmaser cylinder rebuild #6  
Now that said......Its gonna be tricky without messing up or scratching the piston.

Does the top side of the piston have any holes for a pin spanner? If not you could add some. But also heat the piston. Alot of them are assembled with red loctite and you need heat to release.

/ Workmaser cylinder rebuild #7  
Has anyone rebuilt a hydraulic cylinder on a workmaster tl 615 loader i cant figure out how to remove the piston from the shaft there is no nut the piston is threaded
No personal experience on that cylinder, but I would expect it to be right hand thread. Looks like a stepped down area on the threaded side of the piston. I would anchor the rod securely somewhere and try to break it loose with a pipe wrench. That area would not be in contact with the barrel later, so a few scratches there shouldn't be a problem. Just buff it down a little before final assembly to make sure there's no metal fragments hanging around. I would put some loktite on the treads going back together. I most always do that on any cylinders I work on.

Thanks i`ll give it a try

/ Workmaser cylinder rebuild #9  
Heat like LD said and unscrew with a strap wrench.