Woods hss72c brush mower

/ Woods hss72c brush mower #1  

brianMO

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T330 w/ lt300 loader
I got in some rough stuff and sheared the bolt. Done this before a couple times. For the life of me I cannot find the hole when rotating. Either the shaft has moved or it is such a clean shear that I cannot see it. Any ideas? It appears it should have a snapring on the end of shaft . Does not want to go in further. Need my mowerbad right now.
Thx,
Brian

/ Woods hss72c brush mower
I have a slipclutch as well. Maybe the clutch is not working right.

/ Woods hss72c brush mower
I figured it out. My slip clutch obviously is not working right. Keep breaking the bolt that attaches the clutch. It had slip back over the hole. It is probably rusted shut.

/ Woods hss72c brush mower #4  
You should adjust the slip clutch every year. Loosen the disc bolts, than allow to slip, then tighten the disc bolts to spec.

/ Woods hss72c brush mower #5  
You should adjust the slip clutch every year. Loosen the disc bolts, than allow to slip, then tighten the disc bolts to spec.

Agreed this is routine maintenance. It is amazing how few do it. Even more amazing how many strongly some argue that it should never be done. However if it is not done as routine maintenance, you in effect end up with an almost solid shaft—setting yourself up for major damage!