Woods 1009 FEL bucket curl hydraulics repair

/ Woods 1009 FEL bucket curl hydraulics repair #1  

SouthernSky

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Seal is leaking out the cylinder where the rod goes in. I can buy a seal kit for $65 from Messicks, or I can replace the whole thing ($600+).

My choice should be easy, but after watching a bunch of videos mine seems to be different, though it came from the manufacturer.

It has a welded cap on one end, and simply a tiny flat spring like piece on the rod end. The videos all show the technician pulling the metal tab out, then turning a screwable end cap which mine doesn't have. Mine has just the metal tab.

If I pull the tab, will that then allow the seal to come out with the rod? And how do you fit the tab back in?

Just asking before I do it since it is new to me. Is this a simple repair or do I need to find a hydraulics shop?

Woods 1009 bucket cylinder.JPG

/ Woods 1009 FEL bucket curl hydraulics repair #2  
Here is a video explaining how to open a cylinder similar to yours. Hopefully it helps.

Not sure in the US, but in my country, I save a lot more money if I take the seals myself and go to an hydraulic shop and buy the seals individually. I can usually rebuild a similar sized cylinder for less than €30, while the seals kits will usually go over €60.

/ Woods 1009 FEL bucket curl hydraulics repair
It definitely gives me a direction on how the metal tab goes back in so thank you! If I can figure how to turn it out of the cylinder this might work.

That guy sure did have some nice tools in that shop.