Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times !

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #41  
I just downloaded the wood max mx8800 manual. They say to raise or lower chipper to maintain drive shaft angle.

Attachments

• 6E53210B-A259-49F1-A883-DC4F976719DA.png
    6E53210B-A259-49F1-A883-DC4F976719DA.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
   / Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #42  
grsthegreat - if you are lucky, you'll get that new chipper before the trees are too big for the chipper. A joke - I thought it was funny.

Chipping is fun - Except when the main trunk is too big to run thru the chipper. I had to split every @#$% apple trunk when I got around to chipping my old dead trees. Even the Stihl didn't like cutting those trunks lengthwise.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #43  
Not fully lowering when running is ok?
The idea is to have the pto shaft level. Doesnt matter squat about how low the machine is. It needs to be setting on something solid, but it could be off the ground on blocks.

That is another good thing about the bigger woodmax's - adjustable legs!

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #44  
Luckily I have only pine and fir to worry about. Right now it’s too hot to even think about using a chain saw or chipper for fear of fire. They say I can as long as I quit before noon, but I’m too afraid of fire...plus I’m a lazy sack and enjoy cool indoor temps.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #45  
Yes - ALL my chipping is done in the spring. Right now I'm even careful with my flatulence when I'm outside. Cheek flap might cause a spark.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #46  
The Victory I bought has adjustable legs- I try to get the PTO shaft as close to straight as possible and then drop and pin the legs. I wouldn’t be very comfortable running it using the just the 3 pt as my support.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times !
I am a little late posting this. My chipper arrived July 28 . A full 2 months ahead of the due shipping date. Fine by me. I have not had much of a chance to use it yet but the few pieces that I ran into it went no problem. It was packaged really well but it still had some noticeable dings on the paint job. I guess it will get scratched up soon enough. It took longer to put together than what I have read but that is probably due to me being methodical . (slow and steady wins the race)
What was a bummer was having to trim the pto shaft and plastic guard twice. The formula for cutting the pto shaft did not work for my tractor. I had to cut an extra 3/4 " off after the first cut did not work (I was careful with the measurements). It left me with a 6.5 inch over lap .Slightly over the minimum. Fully compressed and shoved past the locking groove on the pto shaft left me with 1/4 inch clearance to get lined up and onto the other shaft.
Other than the pto shaft the assembly went really smooth. Btw , the videos do not do any justice to just how loud this thing is. Ear protection for sure. All I have chipped so far is a half dozen 3-4 inch poplar. Anyway , this thing is super rugged and I hope to get many years of work from it . I just need to get some free time to use it !

20210731_141932.jpg

20210801_105918.jpg

Last edited:
   / Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #48  
It sure is a handy thing to play with. I really like mine.

Have fun!

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #49  
It sure is a handy thing to play with. I really like mine.

Have fun!
I sure like mine too. Sorry amarsh64 about you getting a scratch on your new chipper.

I've had mine for two years; chipped thousands if not hundreds of trees, and not a single scratch whatsoever. Perhaps my frequent wax job on it made the difference?

Sorry amarsh64 - all that about the "no scratches" is just a jab at 'ya, i.e. untrue. Your chipper will work just as well with or without scratches.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times !
I sure like mine too. Sorry amarsh64 about you getting a scratch on your new chipper.

I've had mine for two years; chipped thousands if not hundreds of trees, and not a single scratch whatsoever. Perhaps my frequent wax job on it made the difference?

Sorry amarsh64 - all that about the "no scratches" is just a jab at 'ya, i.e. untrue. Your chipper will work just as well with or without scratches.
Lol 😁 . My tears are done sir. Btw where did you get your chipper wax 😜?