Wood framed floor strong enough for a car?

/ Wood framed floor strong enough for a car? #31  
I posted a question about a building a few days ago,
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/308075-what-do-you-think-kind.html

there are pictures and a link to the manufacture at the original posting of this on homestead.com

apparently many of these are held down with trailer house type anchors,
if a few post holes could be dug and filled with concrete and a bolt and rebar put in one could bolt it down to the concrete anchors,

but with a gravel floor as the wood stumps rot they can be filled as any settling occurs,

if one wanted a floor for working on a section of it built up with a wood deck could work,

Ideally getting the stumps out would be best and pouring a concrete floor,

if a gravel floor is not a problem then maybe some thing like this would work for you,

/ Wood framed floor strong enough for a car? #32  
My shed is 12 x 24. It has 5 4x4s running the long way with 2x4s on 12" centers on top and the floor is 3/4 plywood. It is set on a base of crushed stone. I have a ridiculous amount of stuff in it including a 71 Delta 88 Convertible (about 4800 lb car). No issues.

/ Wood framed floor strong enough for a car? #33  
When I worked for a company that built sheds, we'd double-layer the plywood floor for people who wanted to store cars in them. Floors were usually framed with 2x6 on 12" centers.

As for the load under each wheel, it's actually equal to the tire PSI (assuming the tires are inflated within proper range). Convert to PSF by multiplying by 144.

That's how I ordered my shed at the house for my lawn tractor and all its accessories. With the mower its about 800# so I had them use 3/4" PT plywood double layered over 2x6 @12" centers and added a couple extra 4x4 skids underneath. I could probably park a car in there if it were big enough but its only a 10x14. Overkill but I didn't want a floor that flexes under the weight of the tractor.

IMAG0103.jpg

/ Wood framed floor strong enough for a car? #34  
hthtthttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gifp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.giftp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

Bought this 12x30 from the neighbor and had it moved about 1000 ft. It has 4 runners that are 4"x6" laminated. Got it for $1200 but it cost $400 to get it moved. They had a trailer with it's own rollback type floor and a winch system. It wouldn't budge the bldg until they hooked the wrecker winch onto it.

Attachments

• bldg.jpg
    bldg.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 165
  • bldga.jpg
    bldga.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 140
  • bldg (2).jpg
    bldg (2).jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 171
   / Wood framed floor strong enough for a car? #36  
I guess it wasn't possible to move using rollers and pulling it with a pickup or tractor.

/ Wood framed floor strong enough for a car? #37  

Attachments

• new locn.jpg
    new locn.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 162
   / Wood framed floor strong enough for a car? #38  
The barn is probably designed for terra firma. What happens when it is on terra dulcis or terra lenis?