Woo Hoo! New Montana 5740 is here.

/ Woo Hoo! New Montana 5740 is here. #21  
Tiller,

I'm beginning to wonder about any future rain myself!!! I'm having to send a trailer up to Oklahoma for my second, and hopefully, final load of round bales. Found some very nice and honest folks selling it at a decent price and not trying to take advantage. As far as my Montana 5740C goes, without any rain, there was not much pasture mowing to do. The rock work has been light too, so I'm at about 45 hours right now. With just using it to go get a round bale now, once every 2-3 days, I sure didn't put on many hours yet!

/ Woo Hoo! New Montana 5740 is here. #22  
Hi, great pictures but i had a question
What type of manual transmission is it a shuttle shift i guess but do you need the clutch for changing direction?? and what is your opinion about the transmission.

/ Woo Hoo! New Montana 5740 is here.
Hi NHeuro;

The tractor has a 16x16 manual tranny with shuttle shift. You do need to use the clutch to change directions but the clutch is easy and smooth to operate, the shuttle shift lever is a bit stiff but should smooth out with use, and maybe a little lube on the linkages.

So far I really like the tranny and wouldn't consider any thing else on a tractor. But, after 100's of hours using loaders on Farmall M's and MD's without live PTO's; to me; this tranny is like having an automatic... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Woo Hoo! New Montana 5740 is here. #24  
i am happy you like the tranny.
I have also a 16*16 on my new holland tce (not available in the usa)
and i really like it, i love it more as my hydro /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Now i've 25h and the lever is very easy to use now, at the begin it was also a bit stiff. But now it is a dream and it will be better said a friend of me.