Wont go into gear

/ Wont go into gear #1  

Andy Grondahl

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600
I have a 2008 Toolcat 5600 that wont move. When I lower the arm it brings the hydraulics alive and allows me to operate the arm but it wont go into gear, forward or reverse. I've read somewhere that people have had these same issues but I have not found a solution to my problem yet. It did however start out intermediately but is now becoming more common when I'm trying to use it. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

/ Wont go into gear #2  
So, when you lower the armrest then you can run hydraulics and lift arm? It seems the armrest (TICS=toolcat interlock control system) switch is working because your hydraulics come alive. It sounds like the valving to release the brakes and open the drive hydraulics maybe the issue.....OR the forward/reverse switch is not working.

/ Wont go into gear
So, when you lower the armrest then you can run hydraulics and lift arm? It seems the armrest (TICS=toolcat interlock control system) switch is working because your hydraulics come alive. It sounds like the valving to release the brakes and open the drive hydraulics maybe the issue.....OR the forward/reverse switch is not working
Correct. I wonder if its directly related to the parking break switch somehow.

/ Wont go into gear #8  
I’m having the exact same issue, also with a 2008. The TICS switch works, because I can articulate the hydraulic arm when the armrest is down but not when it is up (like it should). It’s also not the shifter itself because the machine won’t start when the shifter is in drive (as it shouldn’t) and the warning light that the machine is in drive comes on (as it should). Problem started out as intermittent but now I’m dead in the water. Any ideas?

/ Wont go into gear #9  
Just throwing ideas out there:

To release the brakes, they need hydraulic pressure to release them. Is that happening? The pump is belt driven, has the belt been adjusted or inspected? There is a charge pressure diagnostic port under a cover on the belly of the machine. A gage can be installed to test pressure.

/ Wont go into gear #10  
Just throwing ideas out there:

To release the brakes, they need hydraulic pressure to release them. Is that happening? The pump is belt driven, has the belt been adjusted or inspected? There is a charge pressure diagnostic port under a cover on the belly of the machine. A gage can be installed to test pressure.
If the arms work wouldn't that indicate the pump was working?