Wolves

/ Wolves #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
My mother spotted a wolf in our backyard that she swore was around 180 pounds. I told her that'd be a big wolf and asked her about the color, wondering if it was the same male I had seen several times within the five miles area in the past year. My mother described the wolf she saw as a beautiful grey. I told my mother that if it is the same wolf as I've seen, that he is a big boy but I hazarded to guess that our local male wolf is about 140-150 pounds.

And then I found out about this: a guy shot a 182 pound wolf over in Cook, MN, in 2012. This isn't a bear.

215015_510394528994647_688792319_n.jpg

/ Wolves #2  
Lucky man to kill a wolf - that fur would make a nice rug.

/ Wolves #3  
Holy chit! My Lab/Newfoundland is 110 lbs and strong as an ox. Can only imagine the strength of a 182 lbs Wolf :wolf:

/ Wolves #5  
That's a smile of a man that's happy to be alive!

-R

/ Wolves #7  
Wow, I wonder if they were hunting each other and that guy won....whew!

/ Wolves #8  
Holy chit! My Lab/Newfoundland is 110 lbs and strong as an ox. Can only imagine the strength of a 182 lbs Wolf :wolf:

Wolves killed a newfie in UP a few years ago. DNR gave them a month long kill tag. I though odd to be for month, and not a quanity.

I do question if that picture is real. Just saw one yesterday that said the guy shot it in 2016. They were not legal in 2016. The guy was dressed in oily jeans, and pulling it off some kind of flatbed truck. Looked similar in size to that one, maybe bigger. I think it was fake.

The wolves I have seen are smaller then that. Not say there hasn't been a big one.

Michigans only wolf hunt was in 2013, and winter.

/ Wolves #9  
From googling, it does look like MN had a season in 2012. MI had one in 2013. WI was around then too. They were taken of endarged species list, but ***** out them back on. There has been talk of giving it back to states to control population.

/ Wolves #10  
I'm the guy that shoots the small buck Deer, let the trophy buck pass. It deserves it.

One thing for sure. If that Wolf had been equipped with half the technology the hunter was we would be looking at a different picture.....