Wish There Was a Thread Dedicated to Recalls-Generac Alert

/ Wish There Was a Thread Dedicated to Recalls-Generac Alert #2  
Interesting, when I had to work for a living, I am now retired. I worked for an over the road refrigeration company based in Minneapolis, MN. As we sold units all over the world, we where well aware of the European and Asian safety requirements.

We would design and test our units to the standards. Then when we where sure that the product did not pose a danger to our customers, we would then send our product to the American Standards Burio for safety test for their approval.

I don't understand how Generac could have got this product on the market with such a obvious safety hazard.

I bet the it does not have the approval stamps of the Canadian and USA approval houses.

/ Wish There Was a Thread Dedicated to Recalls-Generac Alert #3  
I don't see how one can get their fingers crushed by moving the generator with the handle.

When the generator is moved, its handle can pinch a consumer’s finger, potentially crushing or severing it.

/ Wish There Was a Thread Dedicated to Recalls-Generac Alert #4  
I had a portable generator with a likely similar hazard. Without the pin in place the handle was capable of loping off a finger, although there would be no reason to have a finger at the pinch point.
My real concern would be a child playing with the handle... they seem to have an innate ability to find hazards like that.

/ Wish There Was a Thread Dedicated to Recalls-Generac Alert #5  
I don't see how one can get their fingers crushed by moving the generator with the handle.
I think the initial motion to bend down and reach the handle is what puts the other hand in harms way. People grab the fixed part of the frame to balance themselves while reaching for the handle and pinch themselves.

/ Wish There Was a Thread Dedicated to Recalls-Generac Alert #6  
I think the initial motion to bend down and reach the handle is what puts the other hand in harms way. People grab the fixed part of the frame to balance themselves while reaching for the handle and pinch themselves.
I have a Champion portable generator that has a handle that operates the same way. I can see injuring someone else's hand while bringing up the handle but I would have to contort my body to lift the handle and get my other hand in the way.