Wiring Harness

/ Wiring Harness #1  

Anonymous Poster

Just entered this fine gathering.....New at this...Recently got a TL 2300 for a very fine price. This thing is old I guess; but a totally fantastic unit with all the gear selections and the pto. It included a front end loader and bush hog with it so cant complain at the problem that I need help with. The main wiring harness is totally burned out......I kept wondering why the battery was discharging the first couple of times I started it; but started immediately with a good boost. Then I discovered when opening the side engine cover that the wiring from the generator and the starter motor had both burnt out fusing together whatever other wiring was in contact........Pulled the whole thing this last weekend and now am trying to find one.......hahahahaha......good luck right?.......so yes the rebuild of this is gonna have to take place by yours truly......just like in AA with one day at a time, guess it will be one wire at a time........
The question is.......does anyone know of a source for a wiring harness?.....funnnnnnny.......the other question would be........hmmmmmmmm I will post that under another heading.....THANKS....

/ Wiring Harness #2  
   / Wiring Harness
I have emailed you.....any help from YOU or others will be greatly appreciated.......hope it doesnt have to come from Japan at hundreds of dollars......THANKS

/ Wiring Harness
Gotta thank you Lens12.....lots of help there and advice......especially with the schematic.....am gonna try to rebuild what I have.......lolol....will probably end up gettin the harness......but what the heck.......THANKS Bud

/ Wiring Harness
Leonard.........you faxed me a copy of the wiring harness for a TL 2300 the other day........was this out of the parts book for a 2300?.......a fine fella sent me one from an English 2500 that is similar but different.........Could YOU please email me the one you faxed?.......it came out a bit fuzzy and if I can get a better original it would be easier to clean up and work with.......I think between the two I can get some real progress made.........the one you sent shows a different way of glow plug wiring into the key, which is where the nuclear meltdown began I think.........yet, it shows how most of the rest of the tractor is wired better............seems to me that perhaps this harness had been rewired/rebuilt before the current meltdown, so cannot reliably say that it was done to specification.............THAT is what I would really like to do...........thanks.......dennis@ocsonline.com. YEs.......I am trying to get parts/service/repair manuals......but still shopping .........am not content with getting just the Japanese and making do.......Besides, I have a feeling that my grandchildren are gonna inherit this fine unit.....so why not leave a real legacy behind instead of just ohhhhhhhh golly call the junkman......THANKS