wireless printing from tablet to printer ? possible?

/ wireless printing from tablet to printer ? possible? #21  
I think the tablet is windows based would you'd think would be easier to deal with. The Wi-Fi hotspot mentioned is what I was thinking when I said to print through the PC.

/ wireless printing from tablet to printer ? possible? #22  
I think the tablet is windows based would you'd think would be easier to deal with. The Wi-Fi hotspot mentioned is what I was thinking when I said to print through the PC.
I see that now. Wifi should work as long as there is a Windows 8 driver available.

Aaron Z

/ wireless printing from tablet to printer ? possible? #23  
i wonder if that is via NFC pairing or?

All wi-fi I believe -- that's the only networking the printer has, for sure (it's an HP).

/ wireless printing from tablet to printer ? possible? #24  
On my iPhone/iPad I use an app called handyPrint. It installs on both the mobile device and your desk top. With bluetooth it sends the print to the desktop which then automatically prints to the designated printer.

Bypasses the network.

I don't know if the app is available for Android.

/ wireless printing from tablet to printer ? possible? #25  
On my iPhone/iPad I use an app called handyPrint. It installs on both the mobile device and your desk top. With bluetooth it sends the print to the desktop which then automatically prints to the designated printer.

Bypasses the network.

I don't know if the app is available for Android.

I have Android, Both cell phone and tablet and was able to get the App for my wifi Brother printer from google Play store,
Having the app sure helped/simplifies the connection, Although I've not tried printing outside my own network, I'm sure one could download a few different app's for other makes of printers and connect through that particular app needed,
or perhaps a generic app program like mentioned ( handyprint ) would work,

/ wireless printing from tablet to printer ? possible? #26  
Question.

Wife upgraded from a surface tablet to a nokia 2520. surface tablet had a usb 2.0 port on it and she would copy documents to the thumb drive to transport to school cpu to print. the nokia tablet she just got ( ups brings good things! ) it has a usb 3.0 micro usb port on it. Guess those are sooo noew.. that there aren't many products for them yet. I've been unable to locate a adapter to use a usb 2.0 thumbdrive in that port.. nor have i found a hub that will plug in to usb 3 micro, and provide 2.0 ports.

Nokia is oming out with a keyboard dock that has a usp 2.0 port in it.. but it has not been released yet..

I have heard mention of some usb 3 micro to usb 2.0 simple pin to pin adapters.. but hear they may not work for tablets. for instance.. samsung has a tablet with that port.. and the generic adapter won't work.. you have to get an adapter from samsung to do it ( driver? issue maybee? )

In any case.. untill nokia comes out with that case/keybaord dock with usb 2 port.. we need a way for her to print. school policy does not allow interconnection of personal devices to the school network... however she does have a dedicated netbook and printer on her desk, and that would at least be better than nothing. the printer is newish.. maybee a few months old.. has some markings about wireless on it. I've never used a wireless printer.. so here's the question. do you have to have a network to use wireless printing.. or can the tablet and printer talk directly?

thanks
'Ad-hoc' wireless.. What printer is it? You usually can go ad-hoc w/o a router.

/ wireless printing from tablet to printer ? possible? #27  
Whatever happened to the good old days of serial cables. USB 3.0 is suppose to be backwards compatible to 2.0 without drivers. You can use a USB micro b 3.0 male to USB type A female, you will just get 2.0 speeds. Here is one such adapter, it's 3.0 on both ends but the 2.0 USB flash should work. You can also stick a micro b 2.0 plug in a 3.0 receptacle, again you just get 2.0 speeds. The larger side of the 3.0 receptacle is the same as the 2.0 receptacle. To use a 3.0 adapter and get 3.0 speeds you may need a special driver from Nokia.

SuperSpeed USB 3 0 Type A Female to 3 0 Micro B Male Converter Adapter AU3A2 MCB | eBay

More info on 3.0.

USB.org - FAQ: Basic Information

Good luck and keep smiling. :)
Correct.. USB3.0 is backwards compatible and you would think any Micro USB3.0 to USB2.0 adaptor would work, but the standard is not finalized yet for the Micro USB3.0.

/ wireless printing from tablet to printer ? possible? #28  
HP has some printers with "HP Wireless Direct" printing. This allows a direct connection between a tablet and the printer without using a WiFi router. This should allow your wife to print directly to the printer without involving the school network.

Wireless direct | Wireless Printing Center | HPョ Official Site

Alternatively, a printer with Bluetooth would work too. Bluetooth is a direct connection and doesn't involve the network. The Nokia tablet would need to support printing over Bluetooth though.

Good luck.
Wireless Direct is just Ad-Hoc with a HP name :)