wireless connection doesn't work always

/ wireless connection doesn't work always #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
I have AT & T air card. So often I get a message OFF LINE. I check and the connection is good. Iam wondering if AVG is causing me all my problems. Then again, I have Windows Vista and I hate that too. It sure isn't XP Pro. I shoud have bought my laptop from Dell as they offered XP when the big local discounters were only offering Vista. Can't stand Vista.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.....Coffeeman

/ wireless connection doesn't work always #2  
I have a At&t/cingular air card and I find that my signal strength varies minute by minute based on (im guessing) signal strength/reception or how busy a cell tower is.. I have also had the problem with dropped signals one day and then the next day I have no problems..

At my house I have connected as low as 14 kbs and as high as 300.. In bigger cites I have gotten over 1,000

Brian

/ wireless connection doesn't work always
Since I posted I stopped at AT&T store. They indicated I have "FREE" tech support; just call them. They did mention there have been some problems with Vista and air cards. They also suggested I down load updates. Haven't called support yet. Thanks for reply.

Cheers...Coffeeman

/ wireless connection doesn't work always #4  
When you get poor connectivity or none at all are you mobile? Or are you sitting in the same spot?

Does your signal strength vary greatly?

It could be congestion, you'll have to run Ping and get some baselines.

Good luck.

/ wireless connection doesn't work always #5  
Try rolling the air card driver back to the previous level. There's been some issues with the latest versions. If the previous drivers are greyed out, do a system restore to get back to square 1.