Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is?

/ Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is? #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
John Deere 5100e

I want to change out my current Halogen lights for LED lights and add a light bar. I have the lights, but I am having a difficult time figuring out what type of connectors are on the ends of the wire harness. My goal would be to simply purchase a couple more connectors, add them to my new lights, and plug them into the existing harness. I'd like to keep my old lights 'as is' in case I ever have issues. I know I can just cut the wires, splice them together with the light, then plug the old plug (attached to the new light) into the harness. And I might do that in the end. But there is another option on the harness, into which I'd like to add the light bar. IT is the ORANGE connector. I 'think' it is just a basic connection to the lights, but I don't know. I don't know whether it is disconnected at the other end of the harness, requiring a switch. I just don't know that much about this harness.

But, I can't even find out, without a female connector onto which I can connect the light bar, and plug it in. And no one around here has any idea. So I thought you might know. I can surely order one or at least call with a specific name of the connector to find out if someone has it. As is, everyone just looks at me like I'm bringing in a piece of alien technology and recommend spade connectors.

I think the blue one is a DELPHI plug, but I cannot find the orange one at all. The blue connects to the main front light on that side of the cab. There are orange connectors on both sides of the cab (corners) but are not connected to anything. There is an empty female connector with plastic plugs to keep it water tight. But I don't have the metal pieces that would attach the wire and insert into this connector.

IMG_4972.JPG

wire connector.JPG

wire connector 3.JPG

/ Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is? #2  
One of my son-in-laws worked on a rig that had a bunch of bad wiring. He said it is not uncommon to have several vendors connectors on a vehicle. He had to buy pins from several different places for one vehicle to rewire what was needed.

Try googling "weatherpack connectors" and see if you can find a source that way..

http://www.whiteproducts.com/catalog/WhiteProductsCatalog.pdf

/ Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is? #3  
I just cut the factory plug off and used water proof butt connectors when I put the led light bar on my 5055. Had plenty of wire if I needed to take it off and kept the factory plug in the tool box if I ever got a wild hare to put it back on.

Brett

/ Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is? #4  
By "blue" you must mean the black with blue terminal lock. That is a Delphi MP 150 series. You buy the individual parts separately, connector body, terminal lock, and terminals. The terminals are sized to the wire gauge and take a special crimper. You crimp to the wire and also to the insulation.

The "orange" (looks red in your picture) is a TycoElectronics brand Ampseal 16 series. It is for the amber beacon light that can be mounted on either side. I think you will find the other end of the harness is not hooked up. Unless you have a beacon light switch already installed.

I suggest searching Mouser Electronics - Electronic Components Distributor for the connectors.

/ Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is? #5  
By "blue" you must mean the black with blue terminal lock. That is a Delphi MP 150 series. You buy the individual parts separately, connector body, terminal lock, and terminals. The terminals are sized to the wire gauge and take a special crimper. You crimp to the wire and also to the insulation.

The "orange" (looks red in your picture) is a TycoElectronics brand Ampseal 16 series. It is for the amber beacon light that can be mounted on either side. I think you will find the other end of the harness is not hooked up. Unless you have a beacon light switch already installed.

I suggest searching Mouser Electronics - Electronic Components Distributor for the connectors.

It's official. Your a bad A when it comes to wiring. Take away being able to even look that stuff up you were able to rattle it off. That was awesome. That stuff is way above my head!

Brett

/ Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is?

That's it. Ampseal 16. It seems odd to have 2 completely different connectors. I guess its because for some reason, if, as you say it is for an amber beacon light, the Amber light has an Ampseal connector as standard.

Now... does anyone know where to find a wiring diagram for this 5100e? I've looked all over online, and cannot find a wiring diagram for the lights. I suspect it is somewhere, but its evading me thus far. The only place I've seen anything remotely like it is on printheworld3d.com however, for some reason, I cannot access the page (5065e which I suspect is the same wiring.) It says I need to register for an account, but there is no registration option available in any way. And I am not even sure the wiring diagram is the one which I need. Its just the one 'potential' I have found.

/ Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is? #7  
That's it. Ampseal 16. It seems odd to have 2 completely different connectors. I guess its because for some reason, if, as you say it is for an amber beacon light, the Amber light has an Ampseal connector as standard.

Now... does anyone know where to find a wiring diagram for this 5100e? I've looked all over online, and cannot find a wiring diagram for the lights. I suspect it is somewhere, but its evading me thus far. The only place I've seen anything remotely like it is on printheworld3d.com however, for some reason, I cannot access the page (5065e which I suspect is the same wiring.) It says I need to register for an account, but there is no registration option available in any way. And I am not even sure the wiring diagram is the one which I need. Its just the one 'potential' I have found.

When I added the lights to mine, I used the factory wiring. When I turned on the high beams, the led light bar worked. Didn't. Need to add any extra switches.

Brett

Attachments

• IMG_4042.JPG
    IMG_4042.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 73
   / Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is?
Brett,

What type of mounts did you use?

I have a 34" light bar which puts the mounts 'close' but not close enough. I know I could have something made or make it myself, but honestly, I don't have the time for either. Id rather purchase an adjustable mount do some sort. Although, for the price I suspect, I could purchase a press break from HF and just make one myself then have the tools afterwards.

/ Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is? #9  
Brett,

What type of mounts did you use?

I have a 34" light bar which puts the mounts 'close' but not close enough. I know I could have something made or make it myself, but honestly, I don't have the time for either. Id rather purchase an adjustable mount do some sort. Although, for the price I suspect, I could purchase a press break from HF and just make one myself then have the tools afterwards.

I built those. Kinda hard to explain, I should've used the originals as a template and mass produced them for us. Basically I took a piece of pipe and cut it about 3-4" long. Welded one end up and drilled it. That's the bolt that mourns to the tractor. I used some old rubber to help with vibration. For the mount, I cut some 2x2 flat bar on the end to go around the pipe like a half moon and welded it to it was like an L. Next was drill the mounting holes for the light mount and bolt it up. I'm sure it's clear as mud and worked great and maybe had $50 in for everything and that Led light worked great!

Brett

/ Wire harness connector... anyone know what type/brand this connector is? #10  
I built those. Kinda hard to explain, I should've used the originals as a template and mass produced them for us. Basically I took a piece of pipe and cut it about 3-4" long. Welded one end up and drilled it. That's the bolt that mourns to the tractor. I used some old rubber to help with vibration. For the mount, I cut some 2x2 flat bar on the end to go around the pipe like a half moon and welded it to it was like an L. Next was drill the mounting holes for the light mount and bolt it up. I'm sure it's clear as mud and worked great and maybe had $50 in for everything and that Led light worked great!

Brett
So something like:
==
|
|•
|
|
|•
|
==

Where the | is the flat bar, the = is the pipe and the • are the holes to mount the brackets that came with the light bar?

Or was it just a short piece of flat bar for each end (no flat bar in the middle)?
==
|•

|•
==

Aaron Z