Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?...

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Both my tractors have cabs with windshield wipers and I tend to replace them when the get so hard (blade) that they no longer wipe the glass. Not a high priority.....

On the cars, every year or when the blade seperates.... High priority....

Bought some 'lifetime wipers' for the cars that are now shot......:laughing:

Lifetime must be short.:D

Thoughts and comments......

What brand is best?

Where do you get them??

I've been getting mine (Trico) at Autozone...

I see they are all made off shore (China or Taiwan).

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #2  
I replace mine when they start chattering on the windshield.

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #3  
I started a thread in "Trailers and Transportation" not too long ago about whether the premium brand name wipers were better than the cheapos. Replies were a mixed bag. Currently, for our vehicles I switch them every year, and beginni9ng today the local Menards stores are selling Dupont brand wiper blades, all sizes, for $3.99 PER PAIR (buy one, get one free) and they are what I use. They last a year, easily...going to go get more later this week.

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #4  
I use Bosch, I ruined my drivers side yesterday by slamming them againist the winshield.

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #5  
On my last car I purchased a set of Honda wipers for it that were the correct size. Then every oil change I would replace the rubber blade insert that could be bought separately. Overall it was cheaper for me than buying new blades when needed, and always had a set of wipers that were streak free.

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #6  
I too use Bosh and find them very good and long lasting.

I do not use de-icer which tends to harden the rubber up, I use warm water from a jug instead:)

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #7  
I use Bosch, I ruined my drivers side yesterday by slamming them againist the winshield.

They make the blades so cheap these days they bend easily. Got a tip for you guys who have to deal with wiper blades frozen on the windshield overnight...I have a spray bottle filled with lo temp washer fluid, if my blades are stuck I just spray the fluid on the rubber and let that unfreeze them.

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #8  
They make the blades so cheap these days they bend easily. Got a tip for you guys who have to deal with wiper blades frozen on the windshield overnight...I have a spray bottle filled with lo temp washer fluid, if my blades are stuck I just spray the fluid on the rubber and let that unfreeze them.

Think you will find wrm water will not harden up the rubber like chemicals do

just my opinion...ooh and I dont like spending money on de icers when the kettle is hot on the stove.:D

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #9  
Think you will find wrm water will not harden up the rubber like chemicals do

just my opinion...ooh and I dont like spending money on de icers when the kettle is hot on the stove.:D

Costs for electricity to heat the kettle, and then I would have to carry it 200 feet to the garage...:laughing:

BTW all, the local Meijers store chain is having a sale this week, a pair of the premium brand Trico Teflon Shield wiper blades in $24.99 per pair. I can buy 6 pair of the Dupont brand at Menards for $23.99....guess what my choice is.

/ Windshield Wipers...How often do you replace therm?... #10  
Costs for electricity to heat the kettle, and then I would have to carry it 200 feet to the garage...:laughing:

BTW all, the local Meijers store chain is having a sale this week, a pair of the premium brand Trico Teflon Shield wiper blades in $24.99 per pair. I can buy 6 pair of the Dupont brand at Menards for $23.99....guess what my choice is.

Could always take em off and keep em in the house:D